PDA

View Full Version : What's happening at Aeropelican ?

Hotpot
7th Dec 2004, 05:25
I here that things at the Duck aren't to crash hot, badly managed, pilots getting pi$$ed off etc, and newspaper reports saying that Steve Ferris the current owner maybe going to sell up.

:sad:

X-dash8thrasher
7th Dec 2004, 22:17
I remember some horizon metro's running the newcastle-syd route and thought Aeropelican (who at the time were competing with an upgraded freeway) may have been taken over by them ,
But Horizon have since been swallowed up by transjet so where does this leave the pelican I wonder ?
and what happened to the staff at Horizon ? are they now in brissy or driving taxi's ? what happened to the hawker sids didnt they have a big freight contract ?

O2
17th Dec 2004, 04:40
The problem with the Duck is the Management. Too scared to try something different.. When it was owned by Ansett, they were offered Fokker 50s and all the support to operate them out of Willy...no, management was too scared. It was a cash cow returning at least 1 million AUD profit annually and if it aint broken, why fix it. That mentality has stayed with management.

It's a new ball game now with the demise of AN but it shouldn't hold them back. They have a captured audience of well over 500000 people in Newcastle/ Lake Macquarie / Hunter areas and a monopoly on the airport...should be able to make something with that!

Unfortunately they sold 2 of the best twin otters in the world (wont find machines like those again - now parked in desert in Dubai and haven't flow since - it's believed that the Sheikh who purchased them had searched the planet), which has now left them short with the new Willy run and numbers increasing out of Belmont. Could have leased the machines out and returned them when movements were on the rise. Good twin otters are like hens teeth. I believe the Bandit is limited in what it can carry ex Willy.....useless piece of s#%t....no wonder it was so cheap!

The Duck is an excellent little airline with heaps of potential and with good management and marketing should be around for years to come.

By the way guys, a telephone number or advertising in the Sydney Yellow Pages under Airlines may help....

FarCu
18th Dec 2004, 20:18
Does Keith B still work there?

SHAGGS
19th Dec 2004, 03:05
KB is still at the duck, although he isn't very happy, like most of the other pilots down there. I'm sure if the duck died, most of the pilots would get work else where in the industry. I also believe a couple of the ex-PNG guys are looking at going back up to paradise again.

tinpis
18th Feb 2005, 03:30
Can anyone tell me where Warren Smith is?

INTERESTED BYSTANDER
18th Feb 2005, 22:26
Warren Smith is still at the duck.

tinpis
20th Feb 2005, 03:18
Thank you for replying
I worked with Warren in PNG
He sure is in line for a sackful of gold watches for his service to Aeroduck:ok: