PDA

View Full Version : Hour building (Spain)

Brewster
3rd Feb 2001, 20:28
Has anyone got any recommendations for cheap hour building in Spain ?

------------------

JJflyer
3rd Feb 2001, 23:19
There are a couple of flying clubs in Malaga ( LEMG ). I was very positively surprised about their quite affordable pricing.
Actually the Comanche that was operated by the other school/club was cheaper than a big US flightschool Duchess in Oakland Airport California.
I´ll get you the names and numbers when I get to my house. Also the Pilot magazine December issue had an ad in it.

JJ

JJflyer
4th Feb 2001, 15:56
Aero Club Bahia de Málaga.
www.aero-club.org (http://www.aero-club.org)

Singles from 109 Euro ( C172 ) to the multi 259 Euro ( Comanche ) Block rates are quite a bit cheaper.

JJ

meslag
5th Feb 2001, 16:12
or even better there is a cub that is dirt cheap and very slow. So it takes longer to get anywhere, ie more hours.
And you would be in danger of actually doing some flying for once.....

JJflyer
5th Feb 2001, 20:29
Thats a good one Meslag ... lol

JJ

TRANQUILLO
29th Aug 2001, 20:53
Hi guys I have just got my PPL and I was wondering if would be a good idea to do some hours building in Spain as you can find better weather conditions than england for about 9 months per year and the prices are also good....about £68 for a C150/152 and about the same for a C172....I have just found out from two different FTO's in Spain.
Has anybody out there done hours building in Spain before?
if yes where did you go?
Does anyone know how good are Megan Aviation in Palma and Bahia de Malaga Aero Club in Malaga?
(planes conditions,airspace,radio.....etc...)

Thanks guys and good luck to everybody!!!! :confused:

petrolheadtony
6th Dec 2004, 22:15
Does any one have recommendations for an economical place for hour building in Spain, preferably accessible from one of the 'budget' airports ?

rmmonteiro
7th Dec 2004, 19:59
Come to Portugal , and with the savings you may travel in first:O

cheers

RMM

petrolheadtony
7th Dec 2004, 22:57
OK RMM that sounds a good idea, have you any clubs in mind?

nick14
12th Jun 2005, 11:18
Hi looking to do my CPL and just wondering wether anyone knows where i can hours build in spain??
:confused:

I hear getting into the Americas is being made even more difficult now!! Thought i could go to spain instead!!

Nick

Dick Whittingham
12th Jun 2005, 11:45
Post on the Spanish Forum, someone there will be able to help.

Dick W

stratotanker135
13th Jun 2005, 09:37
Lovely place English speaking instructors, they´ll chuck a safety pilot in for free, Morocco, sierra nevada, sevilla need to speak to Philip english rep 07867584751 they do ME IR for 8000 quid i believe.-

nick14
13th Jun 2005, 10:03
Thanks guys,
Is there a website i can visit?

Kindest regards
Nick

FougaMagister
13th Jun 2005, 12:41
They advertise in Pilot magazine every month; the website is www.aerodynamics-malaga.com

Cheers :cool:

geraldn
13th Jun 2005, 19:58
nick 14
i dont think going to america is that much of a problem especially if u hold a british passport as u dont even need a visa or deal with the TSA to hour build.

All u need to do if u dont hold an faa ppl is verify your jaa ppl by faxing a simple form to the faa and sending a form along with a fee of around 15 stg to the uk caa to release your details to the faa.
regards
gerald n

Philip Aerodynamics
15th Jun 2005, 10:47
Spain can offer price, weather and time savings. We here at Aerodynamics can offer a 50 hrs 172 for 3800 thats wet all landing fees across spain are free as well. Hope this helps. You can always email me on [email protected]

Happy Wanderer
14th Jul 2006, 23:17
Hi chaps,

I need to do some hour-building within the next 6-12 months, either during or upon completion of my ATPLs. Original plan was (and maybe still is) to do part of this (50 hrs or so) in the States, but I'm now considering going out to Spain to do it, using a school called 'Fly-in-Spain' based in Jerez.

Just wondering if anyone's got any reports on F-i-S and any general advice on flying in Spain, particularly the Jerez/Cadiz area if possible. Spoke to a guy at F-i-S whilst I was out there on holiday a few weeks ago, and it sounds great - he suggested trips to Portugal and Morocco could easily be arranged.

A few questions are going through my mind such as what the R/T's like? I gather ATC will speak in English, but presumably local pilots communicate in native Spanish. Would that be a problem?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

HW

DC-8
14th Jul 2006, 23:48
A few questions are going through my mind such as what the R/T's like? I gather ATC will speak in English, but presumably local pilots communicate in native Spanish. Would that be a problem

As long as you operate in a controlled airport you won't have any problem since all ATC's speak English (although some of them have quite strange accent :E ) and some pilots also speak in English just for practising (like me! :) )

My advice is that if you fly alone and you're not able to speak Spanish do not enter in uncontrolled airfields. We all speak in Spanish there and some pilots are not able to understand English very well, so that could be a very unsafe situation. However you could look for any Spanish pilot to go with you and no problem with comms.

Enjoy Spain and have nice flights!

P.S. If you fly in Jerez airport be ready to be attacked by thousands of mosquitoes. The last time I flew there my yellow high vis. jacket became black due to hundreds of mosquitoes on it!

B2N2
15th Jul 2006, 01:40
Why did you change your mind from US to spain?
Prices, weather, accomodation...?

Flying surfer
15th Jul 2006, 14:03
Happy wanderer,

I am planning on heading to the Us in Sep/Oct time to do about 50-60 hours maybe you want to join up? It is always more fun flying together it gets a bit boring whizzing around by yourself.
anyway pm me if you're up for that

Longfinals
23rd Jul 2006, 21:09
Flying surfer

just saw your post and have answered tht one pm me if you want to work out some dates to do some hour building together.

jar-dk
24th Jul 2006, 21:03
If you are gonne go to spain for hour building... well... be ready to meet some strange flying practises in terms of communication - many places you are below radar due to mountains and that requires you to keep a good lookout since the other vfr planes will most likely only speak spanish, and that can result in some close calls even in the air not even near to a uncontrolled airfield.Besides that Spain is a great place to be! Why not South Africa?? I had a ball there and they all speak english....and you even get a funny accent with it.... :} And prices are very competitive to the US prices! If I was you I would get the JAR CPL in the US after my hour building over there, must be the cheapest way around!

med-pilot
25th Oct 2006, 14:37
hi all,
Anyone have got any useful info. or previous experience about cheap hrs. building clubs or schools in spain?mainly in southern region coz i will be doin my my hrs building in winter?i ve heard about a place called http://www.aerodynamics-malaga.com/ (http://www.aerodynamics-malaga.com/) ???? anyone heard about it?any previous exp. with them?is it good enough? any other suggestions are most welcomed....>>>>>:),

Awaiting for your replies,,
:cool: The fresh-med-pilot:ok:

F199
8th Nov 2006, 09:28
Hi!!

I can recommend aerodynamics Malaga, they have a lot of very good C172s and its an excellant area, with a lot of airfields nearby.