PDA

View Full Version : 100 years from now

The Invisible Man
6th Dec 2004, 18:53
What will the world be like, will it still exist?

What technological advances will be made?

Will the average life span increase because of medical advances?

Will we be resident on other planets?

How different will the world be?

I wonder, shame I wont be around to see it all happen:{

( Headline from Daily Mars. 25th Dec 2104.......Proof that Santa really exists.. Santa was cornered today by Junior TnT's children. Our Gran always said he did and we had to prove it :ok: )

tall and tasty
6th Dec 2004, 19:15
The Invisible Man

How sweet of you!

Probably be living under the sea or in space stations as the world will be too polluted to live on unless we do something!

TnT

The Invisible Man
6th Dec 2004, 19:18
1DC removed his post thank goodness

1DC
6th Dec 2004, 19:22
1DC went to remove his post but it was gone. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than Christmas with my grandchildren and I was shocked to think that young children may read it.....Made me feel quite annoyed with myself.....

The Invisible Man
6th Dec 2004, 19:27
1DC ,

So now you believe eh ???

( TnT dont call me sweet....:) :O )

1DC
6th Dec 2004, 19:57
It has gone now.....

Jerricho
6th Dec 2004, 20:16
Awww, I wanna know what it was.

tall and tasty
6th Dec 2004, 20:28
Jerricho

Had something to do with the weight and balance of Santa!

TnT

Jerricho
6th Dec 2004, 20:56
Thanks guys :ok:

airship
6th Dec 2004, 20:58
The only point that we can be absolutely positively certain about is that if mankind still exists in 100 years, they will be posing the following questions:

100 years from now

What will the world be like, will it still exist?

What technological advances will be made?

Will the average life span increase because of medical advances?

Will we be resident on other planets?

How different will the world be?

I wonder, shame I'll be an old man by then, probably worried about me pension, 43.5 million doesn't go very far these days... :{

PS. Any history boffins about? I'm trying to find out more about the 25th December Holy Day. I think it might have something to do with a Santos Klaus, who by the sounds of it may have been descended from the ancient Germanic or Brazilian peoples. Inshallah, and Salaam Alai Kum! :uhoh: ;)

Jerricho
6th Dec 2004, 20:58
Cochlea implants and satellites man

Speaking of implants, what happens when they dig up Danni Minogue. What do you recon the reaction will be?

"No, why did they bury these silicone bags with her?"

airship
6th Dec 2004, 21:16
Some smart anthropologist will probably make the connection. Ancient Egyptians were often buried with their cats. Both cats and uhmmm, received a lot of fondling...:O

I'll get me coat.

Jerricho
6th Dec 2004, 21:18
They had them hairless cats back then as well, didn't they?

Grandpa
6th Dec 2004, 21:21
...You allways have to trust your Grandpa.............

Jerricho
6th Dec 2004, 21:27
And remind me why we're trusting you this time?:confused: :confused:

airship
6th Dec 2004, 21:50
We'll have to climb up onto Grandpa's knee to find out... :D

Jerricho
6th Dec 2004, 21:59
Ummm, Ok then.

Airship, you go first.

airship
6th Dec 2004, 22:31
Ooooh, Grandpa, what pokey knobbly knees you have and what big teeth...? Oooops, wrong fairy tale. ;)

tony draper
6th Dec 2004, 22:32
We will be listening to the fifth remake and release of Band Aid, should I say they will be, I will be someone else by then, one sincerly hopes one doesn't come back as a Frenchman though.
:uhoh: :rolleyes:

Jerricho
6th Dec 2004, 22:45
And Bono will still be kicking around, as the fortune he has collected was put into research for the fabled "fountain of youth".

Feeton Terrafirma
6th Dec 2004, 23:10
In only 100 years the UK will be all black, Oztralia will be all asian and we will all speak Basic (a derivitive of Cantonese and Mandarin)

Oh and there will be NO natural blondes :{

tony draper
6th Dec 2004, 23:19
No way you would be able to tell anyway, all women will have to be clad head to foot in a black sack when they venture outside.
:rolleyes:

airship
6th Dec 2004, 23:36
I hope that in a 100 years, men will merely hunt and fish, which is what they were designed for. Maybe a bit of rutting (lots of noise and apparent violence) to keep the women impressed. So as to re-establish the natural order where women did most of the work, brought up the kids (unless hunting and fishing was involved), kept the house clean and tidy and prepared / cooked the catch and dug up / gathered the veggies. And don't let anyone tell you any different! ;)

BombayDuck
7th Dec 2004, 03:26
And the average traffic speed in London will STILL be 11 mph.

(coat, please!)

lasernigel
7th Dec 2004, 07:55
I hope that in a 100 years, men will merely hunt and fish,
So do I Airship BUT will there be anything left?????

tobzalp
7th Dec 2004, 10:07
dilligaf

gatfield
8th Dec 2004, 00:23
Airship,

women do do those things today.

And the occasional evolved man :p

Jerricho
8th Dec 2004, 00:54
I haven't seen dilligaf for a while..............nice.

Buster Hyman
8th Dec 2004, 01:17
Were there any Brazilians in ancient Egypt?:confused:

China will control all of Asia, most of the Pacific and Eastern Russia. India crushes Pakistan in the cricket which is sad seeing that they were playing for Kashmir. Northern Australia will be populated by Indonesian & Malaysian refugees. North America will be one nation & the native tongue will be a hybrid of Hispanic & English. Africa will be sparsely populated as most of the inhabitants will have died off from Civil Wars & AIDS. Europe will be at war with itself again and will have been since 2015. It will be started by the assasination of the EU's agriculture minister over a dispute about margarine. South America is a new super power after the continent is unified by Pope Loretta IV and the Vatican relocates to Rio. Antarctica seceeds(?) from New Zealand after a blody civil war & Kiwis return to their sheep fetish after a brief dalliance with Emperor Penguins.

BlueWolf
8th Dec 2004, 09:25
It is 2104. The population of planet Earth is around 1 billion, about a sixth that of today.

There are pockets of surviving high technology, and many settlements of a very basic nature. Much of the 21st century's inhabited world is now uninhabited. Although the borders of the old country system still exist on maps, there is no cohesive, or effective, universally recognised establishment of territorial jurisdictions. Most of the world's human populations do not have regular or regulated communications with one another.

Radiation levels are very high in a few places, though the old Bogeyman of global nuclear war never eventuated as prophesied. Chemical polutants still affect many lands and water tables, and residual disease pressure, both from natural and engineered viruses, mean that much of the globe is still a no-go area.

Lifestyle, standard of living, and social purpose, in the surviving high-tech pockets, is preserved by local knowledge, enterprise, and the abilities of individuals. There is not surplus energy, transportation, population, or even desire, to expand and build new Empires; not yet. There is limited communication, but very little contact or trade, with other high-tech populations.

High-techs have limited contact with their surrounding local basic populations. This contact is minimised by choice on both sides. There is little or no exploitation of basic society by high-tech groups. Basic society ranges between what we today would call Mediaeval and Stone Age. High-tech has preserved the advances of the 21st century, and added to them.

There is no McDonalds.

sprocket
8th Dec 2004, 09:40
Does anyone remember this number?

In the year twentyfive twentyfive
if man is still alive
if woman can survive they my find
in the year thirtyfive thirtyfive
ain't gonna need to tell the truth
tell no lies
ev'rything you think do and say
is in the pill you took today.

In the year fortyfive fortyfive
you ain't gonna need your teeth
won't need your eyes
you won't find a thing to chew
nobody's gonna look at you.

In the year fiftyfive fiftyfive
your arms hangin' limp at your sides,
your legs got nothin' to do,
some machine's doin' that for you.

In the year sixtyfive sixtyfive
you won't need no husband,
won't need no wife,
you'll pick your son,
pick your daughter too,
from the bottom of a long glass tube.

In the year seventyfive ten
if God's acomin'
he oughta' make it by then.
Maybe he'll look around himself and say,
"Guess it's time for the Judgement Day."

In the year eightyfive ten
God is gonna shake his mighty head,
he'll either say,
"I'm pleased where man has been."
Or tear it down, and start again.

In the year ninetyfive ninetyfive
i'm kind a wonderin'
if man is gonna be alive.
He's taken ev'rything
this old earth can give,
and he ain't put back nothin'.

Now it's been ten thousand years,
man has cried a billion tears,
for what he never knew,
now man's reign is through,
but through eternal night,
the twinkling of starlight
so very far away
maybe it's only yesterday

I think we can only wonder.

tall and tasty
8th Dec 2004, 11:17
Feets - no natural blonds! don't think that will ever happen! :p

Airship I'm telling you different - the girls chain to the kitchen sink! I don't think so! :E

But it is sad to think that everyone is saying the same sort of thing that the world won't be such a brilliant place to be. :{ :{

May be we still have time to do something now to make it similar to the way it is and not any worst. We could all try and make it better even. :ok:

(But that involves politicians and religion and my mother told me not to go there unless with close friends!)
:confused:

TnT

Devlin Carnet
8th Dec 2004, 11:26
..Is Cliff Richard still trying for another christmas No. 1

airship
8th Dec 2004, 12:59
I'll try to be a little more sensible this time, so 100 years from now...

Everything that Roland Emmerich foretold in The Day After Tommorow (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002MB7QW/qid=1102512030/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-3029983-3864018?v=glance&s=dvd) actually happens!

So we'll have hundreds of millions of survivors from N. America and Europe rushing south towards more hospitable climates. In the movie, Mexico welcomed the Yankees. But like all movies of any genre, I thought that was pretty far-fetched. :p I believe that what will happen is that all the countries faced with this mass exodus from their northern neighbours will just happen to remember what life for them was like 100 years ago...?! When thousands died trying to reach their El Doradoes. When their grand-parents as illegal immigrants had to hide in order to just survive, be called every derogatory name under the sun and be the reason behind every social security deficit. So no, I don't think that we will be welcomed with open arms mis amigos. In fact, the best anyone should hope for is that these countries airlift a few tents and blankets north of the border etc. A field hospital or 2. A plane-load of tortillas and salsa dip (substitute for Mamadou's yassa or couscous as required). And 2 government officials who will be responsible for processing all immigration enquiries...:( (unless you know someone who knows someone like a David Blunkett in the home ministry) - that may help! ;)

surely not
8th Dec 2004, 16:20
The security coverage of CCTV will be total, and the electronic tagging from birth will mean that everyones whereabouts at any given time will be known. Every home will have super fast Internet access, and the World Police Force will have covert access to every computer system in the world.

Drugs will still be the 'enemy' of society, whilst the major governments earn significant amounts of money from 'security' payments from the cartels running the legalised drug businesses.

Sea levels will have risen to the point where 25% of the worlds land areas that we know today will now be covered in water On the plus side Florida will have ceased to exist

Commercial orbital travel will have become an accepted way of travelling long distances. The major Airports will have launch stations on the runways as no aircraft will need to take-off as we now know it.

Food will be created in laboratories with the aim of producing the most nutricious food pills for all.

There will be an underclass of genetically produced servants who will carry out all the menial jobs around the home for the 5% of the population who control the wealth of the world. This technology will undergo further refinement, with a view to it replacing the lower middle classes.

The Olympic Games will have embraced pharmaceutical additives, and the current World records will have been blown away into insignificance by the misshapen athletes 'made' from birth.

Actually I think this will take about 150 years to come about.