PDA

View Full Version : Postpone Licence Application?

willby
6th Dec 2004, 18:29
Having obtained a pass in the CPL flight test but not intending to do the IR for possibly six months what are the pros/cons of postponing application for the CPL licence itself.
I understand the validity of the flight test is for 12 months. Specifically, are there any cost savings or will eventual licence simply start from date of passing test?
Willby

VFE
6th Dec 2004, 18:38
I think you'll find the cost savings are in applying for everything all at once. I did this a while back but have already forgotten - shelling out huge amounts of money is best handled by immediately forgetting about it one finds. You can discover the damage at this page of the CAA FCL website here. (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/srg_fcl_Scharges_prof_05.pdf)

VFE.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
6th Dec 2004, 18:43
VFE is right, I made my application last week, you save about £150 if you wait to get it all issued together. The cost of the licence is £194.

willby
6th Dec 2004, 20:21
VFE/CAT3C,
Thanks for info, seems to make sense to do the lot (hopefully!) together.
Willby

GuinnessQueen
7th Dec 2004, 12:36
Just a quick question...

If you do the CPL IR in any order, but then wait until you have all the licences to apply, do you still get the reduced hours? (eg a 15hour CPL if you already have an IR, or a 50 hour IR rather than 55 if you already hold a CPL)?

Specifically, do you get the reduced hours privelge if you have the paperwork, or merely if you have passed the skills test?

Cheers

GQ

Linda Mollison
7th Dec 2004, 17:30
Lasors section E, page 3 reads:

Credits from IR(A) training

Holders of a CPL(A) or ATPL(A) issued in accordance with ICAO are eligible for a 5 hour reduction in training in accordance with App 1 to JAR FCL 1.205. The same credit can be applied to applicants who have completed a JAR CPL(A) modular course of training (and have met all the requirements for CPL(A) licence issue) but have yet to apply for licence issue provided that the JAR CPL(A) modular course and IR(A) modular course are conducted totally separately from each other, and that there is no training overlap between the two courses.

There is a similar statement on page 5 of section D about the 15 hour credit for holders of an IR(A) who want the 15 hour credit for the CPL.

Hope this helps

Linda