PDA

View Full Version : Ace the technical interview

Jinkster
5th Dec 2004, 13:21
Hi All,

Just wondered what the book was like 'ace the technical interview' I understand some of the question are incorrect, but is it that bad.

Jinkster

Hufty
5th Dec 2004, 14:20
I think it is a great book - a very good summary of the ATPL groundschool course, with good, clear explanations.

Well worth buying for interview preparation or just as a day to day reminder.

Hufty.

monkeyboy
5th Dec 2004, 18:42
Yep. def better than trawling through all those ATPL groundschool notes again!

Well worth buying.

Localiser
6th Dec 2004, 08:04
It really is a great book. Well worth the money. Yes, a few minor errors but they are quite obvious. Besides, the aim of the book is to get you thinking and refresh your memory on such technical things. It certain does just that!

Buy it!

LOC :ok:

3REDS
6th Dec 2004, 10:55
Where can I buy it from?

witchdoctor
6th Dec 2004, 13:40
They must have sat in on some wierd interviews to get answers worded like that!:}

No, seriously, worth a read as it helps you to pinpoint very quickly the weaker areas in your technical memory bank, especially if its been a while since the exams. Once you know where they are, get your head back in the books and do some swotting.

Great time-saver - leaves plenty of time for Neighbours.;)

Pilot Pete
6th Dec 2004, 15:21
3 reds

try Amazon or any local bookshop. They might not have it on the shelf but they will order it in for you.

For Amazon clickhere (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071396098/qid=1102349914/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_8_1/202-7111080-8650223)

I see so many of us have bought this with 'Handling the Big Jets' they have packaged them together in a special offer for £35.

ISBN for your bookshop order is 0-07-139609-8

Enjoy...........

PP

VR-HDB
6th Dec 2004, 16:13
I posted in another forum about this book:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150725

The book is quite useful when you are preparing for an interview, BUT unless you already know a lot about the subjects I would NOT recommend it! As you can see in my post there are so many fundamental/embarrassing mistakes in the book. I have many more, the ones I listed above I just took when starting from the beginning.

To sum it up - it is definitely not a book to learn from, but is has a good collection of possible interview questions.

3REDS
6th Dec 2004, 16:30
Thanks Pete :ok:

Chuffer Chadley
6th Dec 2004, 21:13
VR-HDB

You are quite right- the book is full of answers that are quite plainly wrong. OK- not full, but quite enough of the answers are wrong- there's a review on the Amazon page that sums things up pretty nicely, as it happens.

I think that for this reason it does not qualify as a 'Great book', but may remain a useful one.

Chuffer.