PDA

View Full Version : ALAEA (LAME'S) call for stop work.

socks
4th Dec 2004, 23:01
Can anybody shed any light on the rumor I heard yesterday that all Qantas LAME's (Syd.) wanted to walk of the job last Friday. I have a feeling it was nothing to do with their EBA negotiations, the few I spoke to were very animated and I thought I was going home again.

Kiwiconehead
4th Dec 2004, 23:45
Couldn't they just put up another billboard?

fordran
5th Dec 2004, 04:20
I was at work yesterday when a Syd Lame called with the details. Some background may be needed.

A number of younger active lame reps from Melbourne and Sydney have initiated a takeover of the ALAEA Executive. The old gaurd that seems to achieve very little for the membership can see the writing on the wall have dug in their heels. A vacant position recently contested on the Executive saw the takeover team candidate outpoll the old gard rep by 2 1/2 to 1.

In a desperate bid to scare off the young reps, three senior officials have commenced a defamation case against the leader of the movement. They have been given $50,000 by the Executive to "finish him off" and the action has been in court a number of times already.

Behind the scenes negotiations have seen the major political parties each offering a financial assistance package to the rep. Each party wants the senior officials nailed and fined for illegal use and allocation of union funds for their own personal civil cases. The rep has now served papers on all members of the Executive seeking orders for the 3 "triegos" to repay the money to the union. The Federal court matter when decided will see all those invovled fined under the new Workplace relations regulations.

One of the younger reps on the Executive was serving papers on the Senior vice President last Thursday when the SVP tried to run to avoid the inevitable service of papers. He apparently fell and was sent home from work and is now off on stress leave. Qf management who have been the force behind the old gaurd seized the opportunity and immediately suspended the rep without pay and are meeting him again next week. The rep has been advised to use the ALAEA industrial staff to represent him at the hearing but knows full well that the Industrial staff will deliberately misrepresent his cause and open the door for his sacking.

The members around the country are watching closely and preparing to walk off if any harm comes of the suspended rep.

Kiwiconehead
5th Dec 2004, 04:45
A number of younger active lame reps from Melbourne and Sydney have initiated a takeover of the ALAEA Executive. The old gaurd that seems to achieve very little for the membership can see the writing on the wall have dug in their heels. A vacant position recently contested on the Executive saw the takeover team candidate outpoll the old gard rep by 2 1/2 to 1.

That sounds bloody good, tell them to make sure the youngies contact the regionals as the executive has done nothing for them for years.

The old guard have lost the plot, you only have to read the drivel that they put out in the so called newletter each month, luckily the paper we print it on is quite absorbent.

Orville
5th Dec 2004, 06:07
It doesn't make sense, why would you run from being served a summons?

When you belong to a group of individuals that continually acknowledge that the truth can only truely be found in the legal system, and the law of the land is the final say. Why run when you are being given that opportunity.

Why else would they have turned to the legal system to sue one of their own members for asking questions, unless they believed in it?

And they think that highly of the legal system that they even agreed to fund 3 individuals to sue for defamation, freeing them of any finacial burdens associated with fighting such a case.

sport
5th Dec 2004, 07:13
This is very distressing to read, although I am not a Qantas Engineer, and this engineer was stood down by Qantas Management, I see it escalating into something that may change the face of Aviation in this Country.

Engineers will always be there as long as aircraft fly, they are as important to flying as pilots without one or both, no aircraft will fly.
You can take out Flight attendants, Passenger handling, Ground staff and all the support groups in a company and rules can be changed to accommodate, but pilots and engineers are needed to get the aircraft into the air, or they wouldn't be AIR craft.

So any escalated dispute can not be good for Australian Aviation, and this is shaping up to be a bitter battle.

The masked goatrider
5th Dec 2004, 07:38
I work with the accused number 1 in Melbourne.

The company and union have thrown every bit of grief, mud and dirt at him to try and splinter the new support base. The man has five kids at home and is being sued for $750,000 over a comment made in a private email to less than a dozen friends.

Accused number 2 is also a man with a pregnant wife and 3 kids under 5 years old. He is now at home with an uncertain future stood down without any reason given and no possibility of turning to his union.

The fact that the two new voices of LAMEs in this country are such commited family men makes the actions taken by Dixon and his henchmen so much worse. The members are fully behind them and look forward to the day when opinion is free to voice and the airline has no influence in the democratic decision of our members to elect whoever they wish.

For the regional LAMEs wishing to contact accused number 1 his contact via the ALAEA is-

[email protected]

planemad2
5th Dec 2004, 08:24
If this is true, it is really disgraceful. :(

I for one wish these LAMEs all the luck in the World against the ALAEA and the Company. :ok:

Mr Qantas
5th Dec 2004, 09:52
Its only a matter of time before this crowd of hoons destroy what once was a respecteble Assosiation. They will go out and in doing so prove what we all suspect. All they want is strike action. They deserve the treatment their getting.

robroy
5th Dec 2004, 10:31
your first post, today.

I smell a rat

Cheers

robroy

Orville
5th Dec 2004, 15:31
Its only a matter of time before this crowd of hoons destroy what once was a respecteble Assosiation.

I can agree with you on one point Mr Qantas, yes it once was a respectable association.

Under whose watch has it crumbled? = Poor management

sport
5th Dec 2004, 22:11
Mr Qantas your statement is a little confusing

They deserve the treatment their getting.

If you are a member of the Executive, and judging from your spelling that is very possible, what special treatement have these people been getting?

Has there been a conspiracy against them?

Do you plot ways to stop those who seek the truth?

Shame on you

Mr Qantas
5th Dec 2004, 22:12
No rat I gota start somewere.

Yes it was a fine Assosiation until 2 years ago when the Mexicans tried to take it over. Unfortunetly it didn't work and it looks like the plot is now unreveling. You just cant slander and defame your fellow members and excpect to get away with it. Everything in this world needs to be acountable and in this case the two will be judged in courts and apropriatly sentenced.

Best of luck fools.

sport
5th Dec 2004, 22:18
I will make allowances for your spelling you are obviously emotional.

Isn't that why they were issuing summons' on Thursday because they want to go to court? ( Fool )

Orville
5th Dec 2004, 22:24
Hey Mr Qantas have you learnt how to spell "Professional" yet?

fordran
5th Dec 2004, 22:29
Mr Q.

The courts may decide the matter but why are they running when the summons get served?

Me thinks they have something to hide.

IIII IIII
6th Dec 2004, 00:30
Ahh, union execs, members fees and defamation cases. A book could be written on this unholy trinity of personal ambition, power, deciet, abuse of trust and backstabbing.

hangar 9
6th Dec 2004, 06:56
I here there have been mass resignations in the union today, things must be getting a bit uncomfortable for some.

4play
6th Dec 2004, 07:36
At the risk of offending several groups of employees well done!

QUOTE: Engineers will always be there as long as aircraft fly, they are as important to flying as pilots without one or both, no aircraft will fly.
You can take out Flight attendants, Passenger handling, Ground staff and all the support groups in a company and rules can be changed to accommodate, but pilots and engineers are needed to get the aircraft into the air, or they wouldn't be AIR craft.
UNQUOTE:

Any other disposable people you can think of???
love to see a commercial A/C fly with Pax less ground and cabin support, sure why not use a few admin girls from finance or HR!

Indeed Engineers are vital, no argument there!

:ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

sport
6th Dec 2004, 07:53
4play.

Point taken!!

It was not my intention to degrade the importance of any of these support groups, and if some have been offended I do apologise.

I was simply trying to make a point that for an aircraft to get off the ground they need to be serviceable and flown well.

The masked goatrider
6th Dec 2004, 09:20
AMWU reps today held information briefings for LAMEs interested in splitting from the ALAEA. 168 mainly Melbourne Heavy maint LAMEs have signed up for the full information kits and it appears inevitable that the entire base will split from the ALAEA.

It is rumoured that the Qf management team held a crisis meeting in Sydney to discuss the situation and how to keep the LAMEs under one controlable entity. The airline currently enjoys a very cosy relationship with the ALAEA and have tried to scare off the more vocal elements of the union but failed. The Melbourne LAME leaders have one clear demand of the airline or else they all walk. One leader spoke at todays meeting and conveyed the following msg -

Take your pick Qantas. The ALAEA led by the current Federal Secretary or the ALAEA with members. The choice is yours.

Kanga767
7th Dec 2004, 01:33
I don't know what's going on except for what I'm reading on here, but it would seem that if I'm interpreting the issues right, a mass resignation from the Union is a certainty.

I continue to watch with interest!

K

PS Anywhere else I can get updates on the goings on?

Sunfish
7th Dec 2004, 02:28
As a former APE, I had a gutful of union bosses who were cosy with the airline. Good luck to the Younger LAME'S.

As for pilots and flight crew, I think its time ou thoght about the meaning of the phrase "Divide and Rule". The reason the airline wins all the time is because none of you stand up for anything other than your sectional interests.

fordran
7th Dec 2004, 08:20
:p A new forum site has just opened with a thread dedicated to LAME issues :D

http://www.goldenrivet.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

Mr Qantas
9th Dec 2004, 09:51
Oh how lucky he is. It appears that the troublemaker at the center of the row has been let off litely. Management have again been leanient on one of them but the patience that has been shown will eventualy run out. All the threats to disrupt the operatons have again come to nothing. Like most idiots they get cought out and then shut up. Let this wonderful expeience serve as a warning to any of you Mexicans who contiunue to act outside the comanys policy and proceedures. You will come undone.:ok:

NAMD
9th Dec 2004, 12:50
Mr Qantas, you must be a charming individual to work with. :yuk:

TurbTool
9th Dec 2004, 14:15
So Sunfish,
can't help but think your words are a bit of nostalgia from some 15 odd years ago when the pilots stood up and were sneered at by your ilk. I think the same words were used then in reverse with a warning that all involved in the airline industry were targets.

Not meaning to hijack the thread but simply put some perspective on your jibe at aircrew. We may be a bit gunshy.

Nonetheless it is sad to see a union of employees so split over who should be running the show in a democratic country.

Obviously anyone the membership elect should be there.

I sincerely hope it works out well for those who have good intentions and the ungodly get what they deserve.

Sunfish
9th Dec 2004, 19:22
Turbo, I was out of it by then, but yes I am ashamed at the way pilots, cabin staff, engineerd, loaders etc. all fight among themselves and don't support each other.

From what I observed way back then, unless you had a strong union with some real muscle (ie ability to stop operations), you got conveniently ignored.

Must confess that when the baggage handlers struck I got drafted as staff labour a couple of times, loading aircraft. Mate in the terminal made $50 in tips! I got to keep the overalls though.

Johhny Utah
9th Dec 2004, 20:20
That's a great story Sunfish - first you tell us all that you think that most airline employees are gutless for not standing up for each other, and then follow it up with a story about how you worked against your fellow employees during some form of industrial action....:confused:

What a role model for everyone else to follow. :yuk: I guess it's just another reason (aside from your constant anti QF ravings) for your opinions to be discounted in this forum...

DutchRoll
10th Dec 2004, 08:56
What was your bonus this year Mr Qantas? And how many people did you shaft to get it?

:yuk: :yuk:

VTM
10th Dec 2004, 09:07
Mr Qantas, before you post your next reply learn to spell you di**head.

VTM

Mr Qantas
10th Dec 2004, 09:18
So what if a cant spell good. They need a spell checker on the site. As for my bonus you better watch what you say.

It was a similar comment that has landed the Mexican mouth in hot water. My bonus come when I was 16 years old and won an apprenticship to work for this airline. The way some people carry on you would think that the ALAEA hasnt done a great job over the years to secure and maintain employment in this industry.

How quick we forget how the tin pot metals mobs left there members high and dry in the recent EBA debarcle. And they didnt get any better than any other union and they walked off the job to get it.

planemad2
10th Dec 2004, 18:26
Mr Q,

It is not just your spelling that is putting people off. ;)

Now you are threatening people. :uhoh:

Sunfish
10th Dec 2004, 19:50
So Johnny and Mr. Qantas both think Mr. Dixon is doing a wonderful job? LAMES and other unionists should just take it up the you know what ? Patiently wait for Qantas to sell them out when it gets around to it?

What do you reckon Utah? Just keep those grease monkeys in their place? Service my plane for me and shut up?

And Mr Qantas, what do you supervise? Do you think you are immune?

Furthermore, I reckon Mr. Dixons cost cutting is one day going to end up destroying Qantas's much vaunted safety record.

And when it does, some of the links in the chain of circumstances will be people being pushed too hard to achieve results with not enough time or resources.

After that, Qantas will just be one of the rest of the herd of Dinosaur United Airlines wannabees.

The masked goatrider
10th Dec 2004, 21:38
To those viewers who haven’t seen Mr Q before I’d like to apologise. Most LAME’s are rather intelligent but sometimes the system does allow a couple of underperformers to slip through. The airline tends to pick up on this and takes the lesser likes under their wing by appointing them as OH&S reps, union reps or supervisors. These people are generally kept away from aircraft.

The LAME Executive is infested with the likes of Mr Q and friends. They are wined and dined and made to feel rather important by Qf HR/IR but surprise, surprise – the airline gets everything they want when the deals are signed.

Along come some fresh new faces to the union and with it, some intelligence. Mr Q and his friends in the 131 Supervisors office have new instructions. Put down the rebellion any way you can. Unlike the young reps, the old guard don’t have the equipment up top to deal with the changes so they aim for the easy targets. The family men with young kids. Customer 1 – a wife and 5 kids, customer 2 a wife and 4 kids. Welcome to Qantas, the spirit of Australia.
:mad:

Sunfish
11th Dec 2004, 18:57
And stop calling us Mexicans - true Qantas bias showing through again.

SeldomFixit
12th Dec 2004, 00:21
Sunfish - are you also going to tell me there is no longer a Blue team and a Red team ? ;)

Ultralights
12th Dec 2004, 05:58
oh thank god for the SARS virus! and QF wonder why i wont take up their offer to come back to work for them!
A changing of the guard in all unions involved in Qf would be a good thing. some moreso than others, time for new blood, for new times!

even as an Ex delegate, i dont remeber any nice meetings with HR! how did you get them?

If you actualy study the Policy and procedure manual, QF hang themslves in most cases! in one of my cases, following the PP manual led to the closure of one of their shops!! and of course, i was blamed! untill i highlighted the ruling in their own bible! stuff got fixed then!! of course HR loved me after that little incident!

as said before, untill the infighting stops, and the different unions show solidarity and support for each others causes, then the QF staff and union members, in ALL areas will never have a chance!

INCOGNIT0
13th Dec 2004, 20:36
So the malevolent still thrive at the house of Q,when will this tyranny of these bygone collaboraters be quelled?,they unfortunately are reminants of the past public service who have entrenched themselves deep within the Q system through secret deals and cronyism which is still today quite rife.As a LAME I see the very fabric of the company falling apart with the different factions at each others throats shifting blame and pointing the finger at any who is deemed an 'easy target' all the while the nonchalant in the upper management are oblivious as their focus is solely on what the shareholders concerns are,not PAX or workers,complacency over the years has set in,give the PAX what we want,if they don't like it they can just p*#s off and buy "their own airline".What a delightful way to speak to their customers from the CEO,hasn't he ever heard of the business ideal that the customer is always right and customer satisfaction is paramount otherwise there is no business.Until the malevolent one eyed oppressive are hunted out of their ivory towers there seems little hope there will be any sort of commitment and pride amongst the workers to what was once a 'Golden Icon' in Australia's history,why should the maintainers care when whatever they do is against managements/supervisors ideals,the battle between the do-gooder and the self-righteous.I think Q fail to realise that the only reason they are making money is because of 1:The benefit of the collapse of Ansett and 2: people only fly Q because of it's safety record and not because of its service.It would take only one aircraft loss as a result of disillusionment amongst the now fractionalized maintainers to end Q overnight

Sunfish
14th Dec 2004, 04:30
Ere! Ere! Out on t' grass brothers.

robroy
14th Dec 2004, 10:46
You have to be joking.

The reason that the rat's safety record looks find, is because , I , have been told , by DCA, CAA, people in the past, whatever, is because of cover up's.

Do some indepth research, the 707, in India / Pakki , heavy landing, the F/ E was sent back after the go round, to check the wings, because the fuel gauges were dropping dramaticly.

His reply, on returning to the flight deck, was, " Its Pissi@g out

"My source, the F/O on board, whom I know. What ever happened to this 707, the desert in USA, maybe. Say a new one, with the same rego, to replace it, I wonder, would be unknown
to the public, I don't know, but it sounds possible.

Q's great golfer at BKK, he got 5 holes in one. Is that 747, in the desert, replaced by a new one, with the same rego ?, after a costly rebuild in BKK and China, to get to the desert. I believe it would be advantagious to put Boeing on the spot and ask the questions and if unanswered a possible USA Senate inquiry

Q's domestic antics, after a great Airline, TAA/AA, was taken over with and complete with hero's later on.

Really, you young guys, should do some hard research.

Up the rat,

robroy

INCOGNIT0
14th Dec 2004, 16:30
Robroy,this is true and I couldn't agree more as I have seen a myriad of different coverups of situations resulting from complacency and incompetance,AVV is especially rife with these scenerios as the people brought in by Forstaff from wherever with dubious skills/qualifications are being let loose on the aircraft all the while the Supervisors are too busy to oversee as they have important emails to attend to.
My point was just that the "public" still assume Q is safe and all is well for which to us the worker is not the case and it is plainly obvious that Q will do anything to keep up that image as how else could an Airline justify such exorbitant ticket prices.

Sunfish
14th Dec 2004, 18:33
Maybe Dixon needs to read about the challenger disaster and especially Fyneman's appendix to it. "just because it hasn't happened yet , doesn't mean it won't happen at all".

I have no insight into QF's maintenance organisation, but the trouble is that if it got damaged like Ansett's was, it wilol take years to repair.

Ultralights
15th Dec 2004, 07:02
there was a LOT of repair work done at Qf i refused to sign off! (no wonder some managers told me to my face that they would dedicate the rest of their careers to getting me kicked out)

Apophis
15th Dec 2004, 07:45
when avv is given prior notice of casa inspections so the cover up,s can be undertaken before they are on site you really have to wonder what the hell is going on.

Orville
15th Dec 2004, 14:52
You obviously aren't very well informed because it is the standard practise. Audits are approx. 2 or 3 times a year with notice, but MRO's are warned that at least once a year there will be an unannouced audit, just to keep them on there toe's. It may not be a total package audit it may just target one specific area of the operation.

Sunfish
15th Dec 2004, 21:10
Geez, are you guys saying what I think you are saying - that QF maintenance is already in trouble??????

I would not wish such a situation on anyone - including Qantas.

blubak
16th Dec 2004, 05:50
gee,seems like certain members of our executive have to try and divert attention away from themselves by trying to shrug off criticism by referring to some members as MEXICANS.maybe they should remember that we all pay the same fees each week and if members are unhappy they should be taking the concerns seriously and not think of themselves as being beyond giving paying members a proper answer to questions.maybe a little more effort in answering members letters and a little less time in acting like they are above criticism would go a long way.

Mr Qantas
16th Dec 2004, 09:10
Stop whingeing and put your hand up if you think you can do it better. Iv'e been a member for 26 years and never had a problem in fact you will find that the members and airlines alike respect the alaea as the only organization prepared to conduct busines in a proffessional way.

dirtylittlefokker
16th Dec 2004, 09:56
Why do we professionals have so much difficulty spelling professional?:O

Orville
16th Dec 2004, 14:11
Stop whingeing and put your hand up if you think you can do it better. Iv'e been a member for 26 years and never had a problem in fact you will find that the members and airlines alike respect the alaea as the only organization prepared to conduct busines in a proffessional way.

There it is again Timmee proffessional.

INCOGNIT0
16th Dec 2004, 16:44
members and airlines alike respect the alaea as the only organization prepared to conduct busines in a proffessional way.

The company may see it as thus but the members most certainly do NOT,albeit they are head and shoulders above the AMWU in civil negiotiating skills but when it comes to dealing with what the members ask,this is where they are severely deficient,they treat the members with utter comtempt and honestly believe we are fools who will accept anything for fear of the work going overseas,get out of Q's bed and start dealing with what the members want not what Q wants or you will end being deemed just another anachronous inessential along with your Q cronies.

planemad2
16th Dec 2004, 18:35
What is wrong with calling people Mexicans? :confused:

Anyone that lives south of the Tweed is a Mexican. ;)

Mr Qantas
17th Dec 2004, 09:55
Mexicans - South of the border. In case you aint worked it out yet. Then again those from the south genrally aren't that quick to work things out. And the border is not the tweed its the murray.

NAMD
17th Dec 2004, 11:43
Your right, it is the Murray. YOU need a Visa to get past the Tweed......

sport
17th Dec 2004, 15:36
You also have to speak Japanese

planemad2
17th Dec 2004, 18:42
All you Mexicans, that is anyone south of the Tweed, just keep believing that. ;)

Leave God's Own Country to us Queenslanders. :ok:

You are right about one thing though, you SHOULD need a Visa to get into Queensland from the Mexican States of NSW and Victoria. :p

Sunfish
17th Dec 2004, 22:32
FNQ is the best - south of Mackay is for the Japanese.

NAMD
17th Dec 2004, 23:39
Sorry, couldn't help myself.....

Click here..... (http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/media/player/0,,163517-1901312-WMLO,00.html)

blubak
26th Dec 2004, 04:06
gee mr qantas,ur a very sensitive guy!! a bit like the ceo of qantas who has to lash out at anyone who criticises him or his airline. seems like u could have a bit of a guilt complex......nope im sure thats wrong......after all its everyone else thats wrong...isnt it...ur just perfect same as our qantas ceo.

sport
26th Dec 2004, 04:36
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=156866

It always good when you find out that there is some truth to a rumor

Mr Qantas
27th Dec 2004, 08:59
gee mr qantas,ur a very sensitive guy!! a bit like the ceo of qantas who has to lash out at anyone who criticises him or his airline. seems like u could have a bit of a guilt complex......nope im sure thats wrong......after all its everyone else thats wrong...isnt it...ur just perfect same as our qantas ceo.

The CEO you talk about has taken a great airline into a sucessfful business as well. He must be doing something right and you must be a moron. Enjoy the rest of the festive season loser.

Mr.Buzzy
27th Dec 2004, 09:15
Thats right, very profitable. It only cost every ounce of employee goodwill!

bbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbzzzzzzzzzz

Mr Qantas
27th Dec 2004, 09:30
Employee goodwill were I work is as high as its ever been. We seem to be moving with the times and maybe you could consider doing the same. If you dont have something construtive to say dont waste my time.

Mr.Buzzy
27th Dec 2004, 09:51
Yes I've heard that being buried on the top floor of some upper management office block surrounded by fellow screwers is loaded with goodwill...... good for your own and your own alone!

bbbzzzzzzbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbzz

socks
27th Dec 2004, 11:16
The latest rumour I have heard is that the engineers are planning to follow the F/A idea, ( which brought Qantas to there knees), and that is as they would call it in the U.S.A. "SICK OUTS".

What better time of the year to take a sickie and spend extra time with the family.

At least they value your time.

Ultralights
28th Dec 2004, 11:47
Employee goodwill were I work is as high as its ever been. We seem to be moving with the times and maybe you could consider doing the same. If you dont have something construtive to say dont waste my time.

Obviously you have never spent time on the coal face, or more than 30 sec in hangars!

socks
7th Jan 2005, 00:48
Looks like my source was wrong it appears they have gone for O/T bans instead.

Best of luck, just remember the rest of us need our jobs so don't go too far with it, Please !!

I haven't got my 3rd stripe yet.

vortsa
15th Jan 2005, 00:32
Socks, I think you have good reasons to feel concerned this looks like escallating into something that is going to hurt a lot of people.

I urge everyone to think seriously of the consequences and management to respect the rights of the employee to choose not to work overtime, for what ever reason he feels.

I remember when I was working, there were some who always refused to work overtime. Are these people being singled out or is there only a few members being accused, obviously a good opportunity for union and management leaders to clean out the wood pile.

MRS QANTAS
15th Jan 2005, 11:41
Just like everyone to know that Mr Qantas is a loser. Spends more time trying to satisfy his boss then he does his wife. I am forever having to ice his knees and clear his throat of a strange off white sticky substance....LAME(lame) is exactly what he is ...But a manager or a leader he will never be..
Keep up the good work at QF boys and dont underestimate yourselves.....

QFBUSBOY
17th Jan 2005, 03:25
After this I may well be swimming with the fishes.

After reading all the different sites concerning the supposed O/T bans,I was quite amused to see that some people seem to think that all stations are onboard with this.Well I for one know this is different.

To start with, I have seen with my own eyes,LAMEs from both SIT and Base Maint doing overtime.These guys seem to think that just because the company isn't targeting them in the same way as the domestic brothers,and because they are not directly affected,that they should go about their merry little ways as normal.Generally these boys will be the first to ask LAMEs in other areas to support them when their crunch time comes.

So I will put it on the record that LAMEs in Sydney should forget their domestic/international prejudices and work together on this issue.Blokes have got to remember that there aren't too many ex-TAA/Australian Airlines guys left in Sydney anymore,and ultimately we are all on the same side.If the boys at SDT and at other ports are not doing O/T at the moment,then we should all think about why there is the current situation,and what you can do to support your bretheren.

e.g.The SIT mob have got to stop doing 1,2 and 4 hour o/t stay-ons and call ins.The Base guys have got to stop coming in to work the SDT aircraft on night time call ins and the SDT blokes have got to leave the BBJ/Poly alone if they are called in for O/T.In the short term it means that we guys who are on shift have to carry a heavier load,but in the long run it may pay back some good,equitable dividends for LAMEs.

And for the guy from CNS who stated that O/T was being c/o on or about 14/01/05 at SDT,then if this is true,it is understandable,as there is still a lot of loyal BD supporters amongst them on that particular gang.

So boys hang on tight,don't let the bast@rds wear us down and lets see where we are at come early February, even if the ALAEA exec won't stand by us.Hopefully they will be concentrating on the EBA properly.

rudderless1
20th Jan 2005, 22:49
QF manager suggests ALAEA will commence OFFICIAL OT restrictions from the 24th. Is this a good move or is there something fishy going on. The company seems to know more than the members.

Reading the WORKPLACE RELATIONS ACT regarding protected action, this could lead to lockouts. There is very little info coming from the ALAEA. Apparently they can call an industrial dispute without canvasing the members.

Is this a possible way for them to weed the rebellious. Members don't have much confidence in the ALAEA and the asn's silence is not helping. Making OT official gives them a target. When will the witch hunt stop.

PS the LAME in Melb has been reinstated, a number of other Lame's are attending various inquisitions

Mr Qantas
22nd Jan 2005, 21:08
Members don't have much confidence in the ALAEA and the asn's silence is not helping. Well I now plenty of members that are happy with the alaea. Its just a few sh*t stirers who arent. And whats wrong with silence do you expect our leaders to play cards with an open hand. If you want to see the best outcomes then you dont put every move you make in print and wack it up on 60 notice boards around the country. Eventualy someone will copy the notice and send it to management so grow up and put some faith in the alaea and if you got a problem give them a call I have always found them more than helpful.

planemad2
22nd Jan 2005, 21:40
Mr Q,

You are the ONLY LAME that I have ever even heard of that is completely happy with the ALAEA, and also finds them helpful. :rolleyes:

That is IF you really are an LAME. ;)

Cool banana
31st Jan 2005, 12:33
Mr Qantas
Sound like you might be a former engineer union boss that has sold his soul and become a Qantas manager ahh Bruce
:yuk:

Motorola
2nd Feb 2005, 05:31
So what's happening with the LAME 738/A330 walk arounds?

Are you still doing them or what?

sport
2nd Feb 2005, 07:38
The AIRC has ruled for the time being Status Quo.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=161683

mainwheel
2nd Feb 2005, 20:19
Whats the stance Mr Sellout's FNQ brown mouthed puppet taking on all this?. Are prawns still served at the clandestine BBQ's.:D