PDA

View Full Version : FAA PPL biennial review outside US

petrolheadtony
4th Dec 2004, 12:49
Can anyone suggest somewhere in Southern Europe where I can do an FAA biennial flight review to keep my FAA license valid without going to the US? Is there anywhere in Spain for example?

Ninety-Nines
4th Dec 2004, 13:58
There are plenty of them all over the EU. A great deal of Commercial Pilots spent their training in US building hours as a CFI. I would suggest that you contact the local flight school as they will probably know of someone that can complete a Flight review for you.

If no joy, I know a couple of ex NAC CFI's that are in Spain working Commercially whose details I would be happy to dig out for you.

Ninety-Nines (or Nikki for Alex;))

petrolheadtony
5th Dec 2004, 22:57
Thanks Ninety-Nines, I will do as you suggest and contact some clubs in Spain and see what they can come up with.

Crepello
6th Dec 2004, 17:39
As far as I'm aware, FAA certificates don't 'expire' provided you have a valid medical and BFR. If you don't need your FAA ticket for flying elsewhere you could let the BFR lapse until your next visit stateside.

Charlie Zulu
7th Dec 2004, 22:17
Oh if only I had the FAA instructor certificates as well...

I feel another FAA course coming up after my ATPLs.

As far as I am aware the certificates do no expire and all is required is a BFR if within the two years or otherwise. The exception to the rule are FAA Ground and Flight Instructors who have to renew their CFI/CFII/MEI/AGI/BGI/IGI certificates every two years.

'I' in the sky
8th Dec 2004, 07:26
You could try Brian Mellor who is based in Jerez.

I believe his e-mail is [email protected]

If that doesn't work send me a PM and I'll try tp put you in contact with him.