PDA

View Full Version : Updating my profile

Bigwings
4th Dec 2004, 09:35
Hi all, I've been tring to change the option in my profile which allows Email Notification by default. At the moment it's set to "no". I change the option to "yes" and submit the changes but when I check again it seems to have reset itself.

Any ideas?

Bigwings :confused:

amanoffewwords
4th Dec 2004, 10:09
I imagine it's the same problem (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146119) that's preventing me from updating my profile

BOAC
4th Dec 2004, 10:53
Bigwings - looking at your profile it shows what you want - could it be a slow page update on your browser? Have you tried 'refresh'?

Bigwings
4th Dec 2004, 11:55
Hi BOAC and thanks for the reply. I've tried refreshing the page several times still no joy though. Just checked my profile again and the email notification is still set to "no"

Bigwings :confused:

BOAC
4th Dec 2004, 12:04
Very odd, because it shows 'Use email notification by default' with a black spot firmly in the 'yes' at 1258Z.

If it is 'Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in' you are seeking, I hesitate to tell you that I do not think Danny has enabled the function anyway! I have it ticked and I do not get any emails about replies.

The only other suggestion I have is to log out, close your browser, and then try to see.

Bigwings
4th Dec 2004, 12:57
Thanks BOAC, that's the one I was refering to, the one that informs me of new posts.

I'll have to live without it.

Bigwings :{

BOAC
4th Dec 2004, 14:43
BW - will it help if you click on 'subscribe' (in the bottom bar below the last post of the relevant topic)? Then if you go to 'user cp' when you log in you can see if there has been a reply.

Bigwings
4th Dec 2004, 15:44
Again thanks BOAC.

Bigwings :ok: