PDA

View Full Version : dH 98 fuz.

RiskyRossco
3rd Dec 2004, 20:03
Been everywhere, (man), and do yers think it's easy to find things?
Anyone anywhere have any clue where one can find fuselage former shapes or layout or plans for the Mossie, plse? Currently w/out puter for extended Net search so M.A.M Hatfield (?) bit much for the time limit in library.
Muchos appreciado.

henry crun
4th Dec 2004, 01:46
RR. There is a guy in Auckland building a new one from scratch.
He has finished the fuselage and was working on the wings the last I heard.

He must have all the info you need but I cannot remember his name.
Try sending Kermit 180 a PM, he might know who I am referring to.

spekesoftly
4th Dec 2004, 07:33
henry,

I think you could be referring to Glyn Powell. Here's a link to a post you made last December (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111247&highlight=mosquito+fuselage)

henry crun
4th Dec 2004, 08:20
Thank you, thats the chap, I could not remember which thread I posted that under.

ChrisVJ
4th Dec 2004, 19:39
Chap in Vancouver Canada building or rebuilding one as last heard. Bob Jens (or Gens) I think

StbdD
4th Dec 2004, 22:21
http://www.nasm.si.edu/research/arch/collections/techdraw/prepsets_list.cfm

RiskyRossco
5th Dec 2004, 23:07
Ahhhh, methinks you dost speakest the right, monsieur le Crun et. al.
Does the word 'duuuh' spring to mind? Here I is, every time I drive by Drury, the thought bubble says, 'must stop in and talk with Glynn'. Not once, ever, did the accordant bubble pop up and say, 'maybe he'll have summat in the way of plans??'

Prob solved, gentlemen. The beer vouchers are in the mail. :ok:

AerBabe
6th Dec 2004, 08:36
If that doesn't work, you could try emailing Duxford - they're in the process of restoring one. Failing that, drop me a PM... I know a man whose father owned one & may be able to help ....................

AerBabe
6th Dec 2004, 21:24
I've asked AerBloke, who works for said chap. He needs to know which mark you're particularly interested in. Also, for my interest, why do you want the plans? Are you making a model?

henry crun
7th Dec 2004, 05:53
RR, When you have gathered the info you need from Glyn please give us a progress report on the Mossie.