PDA

View Full Version : BMI's ERJs at LCY

Postit
3rd Dec 2004, 15:12
BMI operate their new LBA-LCY service with an ATR (there's another thread on this somewhere) pending the delivery of their steep approach equipped ERJ-135s. Heard a rumour that this might be in doubt after the CAA apparently suggested the use of the jet at the Docklands airport might not be such a good idea after all. Anyone heard anything concrete about this?

oscarh
3rd Dec 2004, 18:00
Was the EMB135 not JAA certificated to operate into LCY for the Cork based airline Jetmagic?

Ops6
3rd Dec 2004, 18:06
Yep 135 (and Legacy) approved last year in time for the Jet magic Cork route. Unfortunately only operated for a few months!

MarkD
4th Dec 2004, 14:08
I believe I read somewhere on proon that the Jetmagic aircraft had the steep approach kit removed.

Teddy Robinson
5th Dec 2004, 08:11
It was such a great idea that I saw many a crew get out of their cockpit and stand outside to watch the arrival.
Whilst I have no doubt that the crews flying the thing in there felt OK about it, they always looked like they were having to work really hard .... even on a nice day.:E :E

cormacshaw
5th Dec 2004, 18:20
Question from one who is ignorant of the facts: what does the ERJ-135 'steep approach kit' consist of?

heimata
5th Dec 2004, 19:45
gidday

...a pushbutton on the glareshield that stops the GPWS from yelling at you halve way down the approach...

...as for working hard ....the approach did look a little odd at first but it was absolutely no probs.
regards

brabazon
6th Dec 2004, 10:37
When is this going to be moved to Airlines, Airports and Routes as there is a thread there on the Embraer 170 which also talks about LCY?

Is the issue with the 135 anything to do with the fact that JetMagic were based in Ireland and therefore the operation was looked at by the IAA rather than the CAA?

we_never_change
7th Dec 2004, 20:05
How many ERJ135s do bmi Regional have on order?

I did hear that Eastern have aquired the ex Jetmagic 135 (was reg'd EI-ORK) & have been looking at a Newcastle - LCY route (possibly with a BAe Jetstream 41 as these are cleared for City ops to begin with)

WNC

EastMids
8th Dec 2004, 10:04
this might be in doubt after the CAA apparently suggested the use of the jet at the Docklands airport might not be such a good idea after all

How can the CAA just say "its not such a good idea"? It either works, based on the numbers and with or without a payload restriction, or it doesn't.

Andy