PDA

View Full Version : Avg

Devlin Carnet
3rd Dec 2004, 11:23
Hi,
Is there any body else having problems installing the new AVG7 anti virus,
I have tried a couple of times and each time I get a corrupted registry, (blue screen).

5711N0205W
3rd Dec 2004, 12:15
Devlin

Not a lot of help I know but I have installed it on 2 separate (XP) systems now without issue. 1 was a fresh build and the other a remove version 6 and install version 7.

If XP have you installed SP2? If so maybe run the Service Pack again as this quite often fixes strange errors (though not always). If not installed SP2 and XP then.....

P.Pilcher
3rd Dec 2004, 12:44
Oh dear - not a lot of help either, but I have successfully installed V7 over version 6 on all computers I have an interest in. Two run on XP pro with SP2, one on XP home with SP2 and my trusty lappy on Win98 series 2. In every instance, the downloaded file recognised an existing registered version of V6, deleted it and installed itself seamlessly. Thinks - have you downloaded a corrupted file from Grisoft?

P.P.

amanoffewwords
3rd Dec 2004, 12:54
I've also installed it twice on XP machines - no issues.

I'd try installing it with your OS in safe mode - it may be that's in trying to over-write a file that is stuck in lock mode.

Devlin Carnet
3rd Dec 2004, 13:59
mmm. strange, I'll try a fresh download and try again,
Boot disk in hand
Its win ME by the way.
Cheers guys.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
4th Dec 2004, 14:37
Devlin Carnet,

Have you tried in Safe Mode? (It might not install that way since it will not have all the resources needed but if it does not BSOD it will answer some questions for us.)

Take Care,

Richard