PDA

View Full Version : @#%$&*!! pilotstaff cv

Zapatas Blood
3rd Dec 2004, 10:15
Does anyone know how to work this stupid website pilotstaffcv.com. When trying to update info it keeps kicking you back to your previous browser page. It doesnt let you update some info such as IR expiry date.

Technology is so stooopid sometimes. Gimmeee a voice on the end of the phone anyday.

HELP!!!!!

Icarus2001
3rd Dec 2004, 10:41
Staff/Pilot CV is actually a cunning IQ/personality test. The airlines using it monitor how many **** ups you make and how many attempts it takes you to enter data in to a field and form. (They seem to feel your peformance with this technology indicates how you would perform operating a sophisticated transport category aircraft FMS.)This is all recorded and gives you a grading from 1-10.

Sounds like you are screwed.:{

slice
3rd Dec 2004, 11:26
Well they have certainly made plenty of **** ups themselves with the site over time!

Some guys/girls have found that due to way a company searches the database, their name does not come up in a search, despite being totally qualified!:ooh:

Many of the fields can only be updated in the Career details section, not in the 'my applications section' in each of the individual applications.

If it makes you feel any better I have been registered from the start (3 yrs) with every Airline that I meet the minimum for requirements for (15+), updated monthly, and have received only only 1 call in that time, despite all other efforts (tel., paper CVs etc. etc.):ugh:

rescue 1
3rd Dec 2004, 20:52
It is disappointing that airlines are outsourcing one of their most important resources - PEOPLE!

A database that does not allow you to demonstrate your personality or what makes you different to everyone else is not the way to grow a business.

This process is not dissimilar to "blue staring" at another well known operator. It creates a secular environment...

Icarus2001
3rd Dec 2004, 23:55
Blue Staring (sic) no longer operates.

We are not individuals we are a number. If you have the quals you may get a call. Simple. The pilot.cv site is simply a filter to stop people with 300 hours in a C210 applying for a jet job. Mind you it does not stop the paper resumes arriving on a HR desk!

Your opportunity to show what a fantastic and suitable personality you have will come when you are at an interview. If you do not have the company minimums or more importantly, many more people have better quals than you that opportunity will not come. Get over it.

It is all about supply and demand. If you want to work in an industry with an undersupply of labour try being a nurse, gp, surgeon, radiographer, plumber etc

sec·u·lar
adj.
Worldly rather than spiritual.
Not specifically relating to religion or to a religious body: secular music.
Relating to or advocating secularism.
Not bound by monastic restrictions, especially not belonging to a religious order. Used of the clergy.
Occurring or observed once in an age or century.
Lasting from century to century.

Is that the word you were looking for rescue?

rescue 1
4th Dec 2004, 03:18
Thank you Icarus...yes my spelling has never been a strong point.

You are quite correct, the word I should have used was secularism(n) - exclusion from a philosophical or moral system. The word secular - lasting from century to century, though still equally applies.

Thanks for the advice. :D