PDA

View Full Version : Airline moots Albury flights plan

Wirraway
3rd Dec 2004, 04:51
ABC news net

Airline moots Albury flights plan
Friday, 3 December 2004

Virgin Airlines has suggested lengthening Albury airport's runway to allow more flights from the border.

Albury City Council has revealed it plans to lobby airlines to introduce flights from the border to new locations.

Currently, Rex and Qantas fly to Sydney and Melbourne.

Larger planes would be required to fly longer distances to places like the Gold Coast, Hobart and Adelaide.

Virgin's head of strategy and communications, David Huttner, says a slight alteration of the runway would allow its jets to use the Albury base.

"We're happy to look at Albury for service, whether it be to the established routes to Sydney and Melbourne or to other potential destinations," he said.

"We believe there are some runway restrictions in terms of the size of our aircraft and the weight of our aircraft, but we'd be happy to look at working through that with the council, if some minor modifications were required."

=========================================

Cornholeeo
3rd Dec 2004, 05:39
Thanks Wirraway...
http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/angryoldman.gif
would be required to fly longer distances to places like the Gold Coast What a brain-surgeon.

VB investing in infrastructure... that'll be the day.

Mr.Buzzy
3rd Dec 2004, 06:06
Cornhole... The only thing you have on us is a few extra chromosomes!
Have we all had enough of this potato yet?
Click time?
Yes?...tic toc tic toc

bbbzbzbzbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzzzz

Cornholeeo
3rd Dec 2004, 06:12
I used to think you were cool.

HANOI
3rd Dec 2004, 06:22
Woomera

How much longer ?........

Hanoi, me ol' Mate!

I've spoken to him in Chat, thread banned him twice - and that's with his present user name!

No more warnings. :mad:

Woomera

HOBAY 3
3rd Dec 2004, 07:51
ABX-HBA! ABX-OOL! ABX-ADL!

How many new nett aircraft are DJ getting next year? 1 or 2? I'm sure there are higher priorites than ABX to HBA,OOL or ADL! I think that next year we'll see ADL to ASP and DRW and not much else!

:D

rescue 1
3rd Dec 2004, 20:59
Any publicity is good publicity!!

Icarus2001
4th Dec 2004, 00:15
Try telling that to James Hardie Industries or perhaps Union Carbide at the moment.
:ok:

wirgin blew
5th Dec 2004, 08:42
So VB get the local council to chip in some cash and extend the runaway.
Im sure even if this route only lasted for 12 months there are enough people in that part of OZ who would go to OOL once. It would only have to be a weekly service tied in with some cheap BlueHoliday deals.

:ok: