PDA

View Full Version : QF Management, what the........

crystalballwannabe
3rd Dec 2004, 02:11
What is going on with QF Management?

It seems like the company has a new mission statement that reads something like “We do whatever is immediately necessary to remain profitable in an ever increasing global/competitive market”. What about the customer? What about the future?

Business segmentation, diversification and outsourcing can prop up the bottom line for a while, but it certainly cannot be sustained (Revenue down 21M dollars, yet 648M dollar profits announced).

I believe the company is manoeuvring to;

1) Expand “Jetstar” to replace the QF Domestic.

2) Expand “Australian” to cover most of Asia

3) Sell both to focus all attention on returning to its core business of flying people places for profit.

With Paris and Rome now effectively gone and 12 A380s on order and options for 12 more, will Qantas return to being an all international carrier flying “trunk” routes. Can they compete in this market with companies like EK ready to pounce? Has BA smelt a rat and fled the scene?

Cornholeeo
3rd Dec 2004, 02:19
This is the way ahead. It hasn't been about the passengers for a long, long time. You don't seem to have noticed that. Maybe you're young. Your own quals and education may not prepare you to understand the machinations at work here.

I hope you're not losing sleep over this 'scenario'.

Cornholeeo
3rd Dec 2004, 02:58
So what?

Aircraft still fly, fuel is still burnt, passengers carried, money made.

As we all saw a few years ago, sentiment has no place in aviation anymore.

Although it does seem a lot of effort just to turf out a bunch of haggard old mincers and wrinkley boilers from the cabin.

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/biggrin2.gif

Sunfish
3rd Dec 2004, 04:09
Cornholio's posts:

"This is the way ahead. It hasn't been about the passengers for a long, long time. You don't seem to have noticed that. Maybe you're young. Your own quals and education may not prepare you to understand the machinations at work here.

I hope you're not losing sleep over this 'scenario'."

and:

"So what?

Aircraft still fly, fuel is still burnt, passengers carried, money made.

As we all saw a few years ago, sentimentality has no place in aviation anymore.

Although it does seem a lot of effort just to turf out a bunch of haggard old mincers and wrinkley boilers from the cabin."

The trouble is Cornholio. you sound suspiciously like a Qantas manager, or a Qantas manager Wannabe.

"Its not about passengers anymore" correct, VB calls them customers and tries to retain them. Qantas is behaving like a monopoly, however time has shown over and over again that companies who treat their customers badly eventuaslly get it in the neck - the Australian banks got theirs over home loan lending. Its generally regarded as not very smart to carry on business assuming your monopoly will continue.

"Old mincers and wrinkley boilers?" how quaint. These are the people you rely on to deliver what the customer has purchased.

Allthough I hope never to see it, your brave BS will be shown up for what it is if ever there is a major accident with fatalities.

Cornholeeo
3rd Dec 2004, 04:17
How can a company behave like a monopoly?

Can a company actually 'behave' ???

How does a monopoly behave?

You seem to object to the mincers/boilers line. Sorry if you are in a "relationship" with one (or the other) and I have offended you.

But you ARE right, as always, I was a management wannabe but I am now management. I am paid to troll around here trying to catch out dissenters and http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bash.gif them.

:rolleyes:

:confused:

:eek:

:hmm:

:zzz:

HANOI
3rd Dec 2004, 06:24
Woomera

How much longer ?...........

grrowler
3rd Dec 2004, 07:54
what's the problem with cornhole's responses here? Yeah some of the other posts are a bit sus (i got banned for questioning why ozjobs got the a*se - nice work, probably get banned again for daring to mention it again :yuk: )
Trying to draw the attention of a woomeri is a little pathetic I think, I'm sure they keep an eye on things.

Just cos its not sugar coated doesnt mean its not real.

Actually heard a bloody funny story today bout a FA and a little visit to hospital in Asia somewhere :{ :yuk: :}

Z Force
4th Dec 2004, 03:28
If they're making money in both short and long haul, why would they want to divest themselves of that?

Uncommon Sense
4th Dec 2004, 04:40
Woomeri

Let me second the question from HANOI.

I realise it is school holidays and all, but it is really getting to the point where there is little value trying to read anything 'professional' here, when every thread is hijacked by an obvious juvenile delinquent who probably needs to get out and ride a bike or kick a ball or something.

If I want to read constant opinions on baseless fact and zero knowledge I will read Andrew Bolt in the Herald Sun, or listen to Alan Laws or John Jones.

For chrissake, eliminate this nuisance and ban the IP while you are at it.

Oz Ocker
4th Dec 2004, 05:09
At least the Cornholer has stayed close to topic, not like the whinin' Hanoi Hanna and her mate U S.

He might be a schoolkid, but he's got a higher IQ than both a youse combined, I reckon!!

He's jest as entitled ta post what he has, like youse have posted your little moans!

Be seein' youse round.

DEFCON4
4th Dec 2004, 18:02
Cornholio is actually a latin adjective...for redneck twit

Woomera
4th Dec 2004, 19:18
Bye Cornholeeo - not that you can read this! :ok:

Wirraway
5th Dec 2004, 02:04
Bye Cornholeeo - not that you can read this!

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/applause.gif

================================

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/angryoldman.gif

Dexter
5th Dec 2004, 04:06
yeh he shure had you strugling wirraway. :}

Kaptin M
6th Dec 2004, 13:20
Well, I, for one, am sorry to see Cornholeeo "Woomerised".
His post, How can a company behave like a monopoly?
Can a company actually 'behave' ???

How does a monopoly behave?

You seem to object to the mincers/boilers line. Sorry if you are in a "relationship" with one (or the other) and I have offended you.

But you ARE right, as always, I was a management wannabe but I am now management. I am paid to troll around here trying to catch out dissenters an http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bash.gif them....gave me a chuckle when I read it.

(Does anyone have the answers, btw??:confused: :confused: )