PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Cup Tickets 2007, buy now???!

Jelly Baby Freak
2nd Dec 2004, 21:58
As an avid rugby supporter and intending to be at the Rugby
World Cup Final in Paris, 2007, I was somewhat disgusted when
I came across this website offering tickets.
It wasn't just the price that shocked me, but the conditions(?) of sale!
So, check out www.ticketcity.com
Cat A tickets US$1750 Premium sideline seating
Cat B tickets US$1250 Corner Stand seating
Cat C tickets US$ 950 Seating behind posts
Then we get the 'BUY NOW' bit for pre orders....
and here are the conditions...

quote - Web Site Ordering Policies

(Note: some of these may differ from policies for ordering over the phone.)

SITE DISCLAIMER
The tickets sold on this site are secondary-market tickets, or "brokered" tickets, that are sold for more than face value. The price you pay will not equal the face value printed on the ticket. This site is in no way affiliated with Ticketmaster or any other box office, theatre or venue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SALES POLICIES

All prices listed on the site are per ticket. Upon checkout, Sales Tax (if applicable), a software service charge and the cost of FedEx shipping will be added to the order.
All sales are final. There are no refunds, cancellations or exchanges. * Once the credit card for a submitted order is approved, which happens moments after you select the "Buy" button on the Checkout page, the sale is final. *Note: If an event is completely cancelled, then you should return the tickets within 7-10 days. And you must also contact the company you ordered the tickets from to receive instructions on how to precede. If the event is postponed or rescheduled, the tickets cannot be returned and should be used for the new date.
Occasionally, a ticket price or event information may be listed incorrectly due to a typographical error by the supplier. In those rare instances, if the supplier cannot honor the information listed then the order will be cancelled. And a refund will immediately be issued.
Weather conditions may affect an event or travel to and from it, but there are no refunds for unused tickets or for the loss of enjoyment caused by these weather conditions.
Tickets cannot be replaced if they are lost or damaged, so avoid exposing them to sunlight, heat, cold, liquids or any other damaging agent.
Upon receipt of tickets from FedEx you have 24 hours to contact the company you purchased them from about any mistakes or discrepancies about your tickets and/or seat locations.
All times listed are local for the event. Furthermore, all dates and times are subject to change and should be verified by the buyer on the week of the event.
Ticket prices are subject to change at any time and without notice. unquote

If this isn't a black market ticket scam I don't know what is!
Statements such as, 'The price you pay will not equal the face value printed on the ticket. ' and 'All sales are final. There are no refunds, cancellations or exchanges.' just make me shudder!

As good old English law states "BUYER, BEWARE!"

:uhoh:

lasernigel
3rd Dec 2004, 09:35
Think that could be the start of some scam this is from the RFU site so take the other one with a pinch of salt.IMHO.
rugby tickets (http://www.rfu.com/microsites/rwc2007/ticketing.cfm)