PDA

View Full Version : How does one get the crumbs to stick to a chicken breast?

Atlas Shrugged
2nd Dec 2004, 21:43
All I ever end up with is a mountain of flour on the bench and up the wall, egg from one end of the kitchen to the other and Krummies all over the floor. On the odd occasion I do get it to stick it all comes apart in the pan. :{ :{ :{

MMEMatty
2nd Dec 2004, 21:50
Take 3 small and two large plates.

Put Chicken breast (henceforth to be referred to as CHXBR) on large plate at one end of table / workbench / field. arrange three small plates with flour, egg and breadcrumbs in order they are to be applied, and large plate (empty at the mo) at the other end

proceed to coat the CHXBR in flour, egg, crumbs in sequence and place on large plate on the end (and subsequently in frying pan)

use a spatula to flip the CHXBR carefully, hence avoiding making the mix fall off.

Or alternatively, buy ready coated CHXBR

Matty

Jerricho
2nd Dec 2004, 21:50
You tried plucking it first?

amanoffewwords
2nd Dec 2004, 21:56
You tried killing it first?

timmcat
2nd Dec 2004, 21:57
http://www.totalmodel.com/workshop/images/superglue.jpg

Jerricho
2nd Dec 2004, 21:57
Now that's funny!!!!!

Little Eagle
2nd Dec 2004, 21:58
We are talking about the two legged chick :E

Can think of hundreds of other tasty things to put on the br*ast and not bread crumbs/egg :mad:

Little Eagle

tall and tasty
2nd Dec 2004, 22:01
Atlas Shrugged

Maybe invite a fair maiden to help you with the cooking!

:D

TnT

Vont phood
2nd Dec 2004, 22:01
The Ladies on here might disagree with you on that Little Eagle :D

yaffs
2nd Dec 2004, 23:34
put flour in a bowl
put beaten egg in separate bowl
put crumbs in another tub that has a lid
dip breast of chicky in flour, then egg
then put it in the tub , put on lid then shake a couple of times to coat the chicky breast and not you/kitchenwalls/floor etc

just in case twas a serious post ;)

yaffs

con-pilot
3rd Dec 2004, 00:21
Yup, yaffs is right, except that I add some hot sauce to the egg mixture, just to taste mind you.

Oh, one more thing, if you are going to pan fry the breast use peanut oil not hotter than 350 degrees F and turn frequently.

BlueDiamond
3rd Dec 2004, 00:26
Maybe you need to key the surface first to roughen it up a little ... heavy duty sandpaper perhaps or a coarse file. :E

Atlas Shrugged
3rd Dec 2004, 00:27
Not a huge fan of oil. Only use spray on stuff, which may be where I'm going wrong.

TnT, check your PMs

con-pilot
3rd Dec 2004, 00:33
Well Atlas one does not need to drown the poor breast in oil you know, just a nice thin coating in the non-stick pan.

Just like when one uses certain oils for pleasure, not try to drown oneís er, I think Iím getting off topic here, Iíll just quit now thank you.

tall and tasty
3rd Dec 2004, 00:35
Atlas Shrugged

Oh I could not possibly :D

TnT

Atlas Shrugged
3rd Dec 2004, 00:53
TnT,

What about that idea with the oil then?

AS

Buster Hyman
3rd Dec 2004, 01:07
1. Drive to KFC.
2. Order Crumbed Chicken.
3. Drive home.
4. Consume chicken.
5. Wait 3 hours.
6. Ensure air freshner is on hand as chicken passes through system.
7. Swear off crumbed chicken for life.
8. Sorted!
:ok:

Unwell_Raptor
3rd Dec 2004, 06:23
Commercially breaded chicken will have been pre-dusted with a seasoning, then battered, then breaded (and the machinery is very expensive and very sophisticated) and finally flash-fried to seal the coating into a single coat.

It's not really breadcrumbed at all, but battered, with crumbs on the outside of the coating.

Kolibear
3rd Dec 2004, 07:37
reminds me of a pome;

"I eat my peas with honey,
Although its not quite right.
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps them on the knife"

Try honeyed chicken maybe?

mazzy1026
3rd Dec 2004, 08:49
What does a KFC and a blonde have in common?

Once you have got past the tender breast and juicy thigh, all's you have left is a greasy box to put yer bone in :{

panda-k-bear
3rd Dec 2004, 09:18
This is brilliant!

In this thread one gets to say "breast" and in the pronunciation adjudication thread, one gets to say "tit".

Obsessed? Moi? :}

Buster Hyman
3rd Dec 2004, 10:26
So...who then has the guts to sound out Scunthorpe???:eek:

panda-k-bear
3rd Dec 2004, 11:29
To stay on topic, have you tried Sellotape?

tall and tasty
3rd Dec 2004, 12:12
Atlas Shrugged

Lightly applied and rubbed well in. Yes that is how I prepare the chicken breast with oil!

That is what you mean! :D

TnT

lasernigel
3rd Dec 2004, 12:29
What you get when you Google Scunthorpe and chicken.
Scunnychicken (http://www.thetoydolls.com/media/lyrics_menu/t/the_devil_went_down_to_scunthorpe.htm)

fernytickles
3rd Dec 2004, 15:55
Forget the egg and the flour and all that fiddlefaddle - use yoghurt. Dunk the breast in yoghurt first, coat thoroughly, then dunk in breadcrumbs.... its a doddle in comparison to all that E, F & B nonsense. And if you choose to use fruity yoghurt, it makes the flavour more interesting......

Ozzy
3rd Dec 2004, 16:12
A nail gun, with very small nails???

Ozzy

panda-k-bear
3rd Dec 2004, 16:31
Ooh ooh! I know!

Araldite.

Stick anything to anything that will!

fishtits
3rd Dec 2004, 17:05
Ram a (previously prepared) breast-shaped magnet into the middle of the thru'penny bit....

Then....

Get some iron filings & sew one of them onto each crumb...

Then....

Dip the funbag into the tasty iron filing/crumb mixture and Voila... Crumbs magically stuck to big juicy chickenbump

Easy as spinnin on yer pecker...

Feel free to pass the recipe around to your chums btw

:cool:

FT

PS panda-k-bear:
I got four (different) references... beat that!

Erwin Schroedinger
3rd Dec 2004, 17:15
I've got something really sticky and it's easily to hand as well. :E

Jerricho
3rd Dec 2004, 18:03
A stick????

tall and tasty
5th Dec 2004, 22:06
Atlas Shrugged

Every manage to get those breadcrumbs to stick?

TnT :D

Atlas Shrugged
6th Dec 2004, 00:07
TnT,

I pleased to report success after much experimentation using the double coating method (flour-egg-crumbs-egg-crumbs). I did try the yoghurt idea with Ski Double Up fruit and nuts - very, very bad! The fruit melted, the nuts burned & popped and the whole thing ended up covered in a bubbling purpley-blue sticky goo that even my two Doberman would'nt eat.

I think the Iron Chef is safe for a little while longer!

A

Avtrician
6th Dec 2004, 06:38
It is very simple really, prepare bread crumbs and seasoning in an airtight water tight container.

Take ones chicken breast and wash dry pat down with papre towel or similar.

Inspect to make sure its spotless.

Prepare fry pan with tripple filtered fresh olive oil (to ensure no contamination).

Open container of crumbs and stuff and get ready to fry the chicken while ensuring chicken is kept away from the seasoning.

Murphys law states, that the harder you try to keep the chicken clean the more likely it is to be covered in bread crumbs and seasoning ( exactly the reverse of trying to crumb it).

Shortly you will have perfectly fried crumbed chicken, also crumbs will also be all thru the kitchen, cooking oil, bathroom, infact the whole neighbour hood. ( oops theres that nieghbors thread pooping up again):ok: