PDA

View Full Version : BMI Baby Teesside Summer 05

Pembo330
2nd Dec 2004, 11:39
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but here is what I can gather so far for Summer 2005.

Alicante (Reduced to 2 Weekly - Mon/Fri)
Belfast (Reduced to 4 Weekly - Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun)
Cork (NEW ROUTE! 3 Weekly - Tue/Thu/Sat)
Jersey (Increased to 3 Weekly - Tue/Thu/Sat)
Malaga (3 Weekly - Tue/Thu/Sat)
Nice (Route Dropped)
Palma (Reduced to 2 Weekly - Wed/Sun)
Paris (NEW ROUTE! 4 Weekly - Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun)
Prague (Route Dropped)

Looks like we're still going to be a 1 aircraft base. Not surprised to see the Daily Belfast reduce, but am suprised to see Prague disappear.

Good news on Paris and Cork though!

Going loco
2nd Dec 2004, 12:09
The frequencies and days of operation on the spanish routes look a waste of space. If you're going to run ALC 2 x weekly, you need to do it Tue / Sat. Sunday is one of the busiest days for AGP and isn't being flown.

Looks like Easy and Jet2 are hitting them hard.

loco

MAN_Dispatcher
2nd Dec 2004, 12:23
God, what are they playing at?!

Pembo330
2nd Dec 2004, 12:59
You'd have to assume they're not performing well on those routes, hence the changes.

I'm sure Prague was a good route; can't understand why that has gone.

Paris will do well.

As for Cork; as much as I relish a new local route, I can't imagine this route being well utilised.

We really did need a second aircraft up here to make things work next summer, or, we could have made Paris a 'w' rotation.

Some very strange decisions, but who I am to judge?

Lets wait and see what happens.

Could do with Flybe in to up the competition and provide some decent frequencies.

karnak
2nd Dec 2004, 17:20
MME though fairly profitable should be dropped W patterns could easily be done via EMA / MAN like the firat winter and make more sense for AC availability - can't see why baby would want to be near THE GERGE!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ah

GARDENER
2nd Dec 2004, 19:55
It will be a 2 a/c base.......I will stake my fine reputation on it! I hope it is or else.....P45.

CentreFix25
2nd Dec 2004, 20:23
Looks like 1 aircraft to me,

Mon: Alicante, Belfast, Paris
Tue: Cork, Jersey, Malaga
Wed: Belfast, Palma, Paris
Thu: Cork, Jersey, Malaga
Fri: Alicante, Belfast, Paris
Sat: Cork, Jersey, Malaga
Sun: Belfast, Palma, Paris

Pembo330
3rd Dec 2004, 09:40
It is one aircraft at the moment and here is the full story; now available at the MME website.

http://www.teessideairport.com/devel/press/index.shtml#story29

mmeman
5th Dec 2004, 10:18
Some strange decisions?? Excellent news about Cork and Paris but not good about cutting the other services.

Looking at the CAA passenger figures for Aug, Sept and October, I think that the Bmibaby services from MME are certianly holding their own, and did very well in September, which makes the decsions to cut the services to ALC, PMI and AGP a bit strange in my opinion-

AUG load factors-
PMI 86%
ALC 93%
AGP 87%
PRG 91%

Sept-

ALC 94%
PMI 96%
AGP 96%
PRG 81%

Oct

ALC 93%
PMI 88%
AGP 88%
PRG 81%

I suppose you can see why PRG might be dropped, but maybe if they had better frequency it might be better used?

Surely these figures warrant more services not less- lets hope it is going to be 2 A/C base and this is just the inital timetable.
:confused: