PDA

View Full Version : ryanair blk - gro

dada
2nd Dec 2004, 08:02
ryanair blk-gro daily from march - whilst their dub and stn services seem successful enough, is this service really sustainable?

jabird
2nd Dec 2004, 10:13
Dada,

One thing you can be sure of with Ryanair is that they don't launch routes just for the sake of it. There may not be a market for that many routes from BLK, but GRO is right in the sun, and Barcelona is a fantastic year round city to visit.

Occassionally, MOL does get his sums wrong, and that's why FR have a policy of dropping a certain number of under performing routes each year - I belive 2-3 per quarter? I doubt that this will be one of them.

dada
2nd Dec 2004, 12:00
cant help thinking gro is just a but too far north - reu is still classed as barcelona but think its just the right distance down the coast

The_Bean_Counter
2nd Dec 2004, 13:16
On the contrary dada, GRO picks up traffic for the south of france area with pax travelling into Languedoc Roussion

smoky
2nd Dec 2004, 22:22
dada
trying to fool everyone with your serious posts?
seen your various posts with ref to wales, not your best windups yet.
xx
see you soon

dada
3rd Dec 2004, 10:38
every fool has a serrious side.

Wycombe
3rd Dec 2004, 12:20
T_B_C,

Indeed so, and I am an example of that myself.

RYR are competing with themselves to GRO and PGF (I am holidaying in Perpignan next May, but will probably fly to GRO as it's cheaper - and only an hour's drive - we will hiring a car anyway).

Was hoping to use Flybe SOU-PGF, but the route is still "under review" for next Summer.