PDA

View Full Version : Gf @ Bhx

MarkBHX
1st Dec 2004, 21:31
Does anyone know whats going on here? Even though it has been announced for some time now, there is still no way you can book it on the GF website!:confused:

future_pilot17
1st Dec 2004, 22:07
Right OK just checked http://www.gulftraveller.com , the flights arnt bookable but they do have BHX lablled in the "Online Timetable"......

sbanni
2nd Dec 2004, 19:09
It seems that nowadays you can only believe rumours of new airlines when they actually touch down at BHX!

Air India, Qatar, Syrian have all been mentioned before to me but yet none have started.

I personally will wait till the first GF 763 arrives at BHX- as I did with the AZ EMB170's!

Cheers
Scott

MarkBHX
2nd Dec 2004, 20:00
I've heard gulf could be cancelling-due to the rises in fuel prices!I agree there Scott, many airlines seem to be all talk at the moment! On the subject of Air India, I believe they have put in slots for both bhx and man, for the same times, so the chances are it will be one or the other!

we_never_change
2nd Dec 2004, 20:16
Air India - routing to US/Canada via Manchester with B777s

WNC

MarkBHX
2nd Dec 2004, 20:30
Bhx missing out on another major carrier heading east and west to man again!:mad: Birmingham and the midlands has a larger asian population than man and the surrounding area and demand for flights is obviously their, as can be seen by the increase in operators such as T5,HY,6Q,GM and EK! T5 even tried a service from man a few years ago but it didn't work so they increased bhx instead!

BHXviscount
2nd Dec 2004, 20:59
Think AI going to MAN rather than BHX has something to do with only 8400ft of runway at BHX. PIA moved Toronto and ORD to MAN as 777 couldn't do BHX-Pakistan, AI to use the 777 I beleive

BHXviscount

we_never_change
2nd Dec 2004, 21:00
With Pakistan, Slovak Air, Air Slovakia, Mahan Air, Turkmenistan, Uzbeckistan & Emirates (either offering connections or direct flights tio Asia), maybe the BHX market is at (or close to) saturation point?

PIA actually moved ORD & YYZ to Manchester so that ALL their transit flights were in one place, nothing to do with the B777 not being to operate from Birmingham.

WNC

Daza
3rd Dec 2004, 17:32
I spoke to Gulf Air in London today they are "fully commited"to the new BHX service and it is bookable via their call centre,OPODO,Expedia and Amadeus etc. I wish people would stop telling half truths about BHX services this site should be renamed North of England Airline forum. BHX lost its through flights to YYZ as PIA did not have the right to offer seats to YYZ through BHX.
Daza

Scottie Dog
3rd Dec 2004, 18:07
I hope it does not become an 'us and them' thread.

I am not certain whether PIA actually have traffic-rights on MAN/YYZ, but I do know that they had decided to concentrate on MAN as their European transit point. Whether this will change, as has been rumoured, to Shannon as a result of UK visa restrictions remains to be seen.

Each airport has an opportunity to develop along it's on path. I do wish BHX well, but it is time that they seriously considered build Rapid Turn Offs to increase runway utilisation.

Why don't you start a Birmingham Happenings Thread and then there should hopefully be no hijacking?

Scottie Dog

Daza
3rd Dec 2004, 18:52
I thought i was commenting on Gulf Air which IS going to commence. Several of the recent BHX threads have become a chat about northern airport hence the Gulf Air subject being "highjacked" by the "runway is too short thats why they moved to MAN" brigade.Why do people ask questions that they have no factual answers to???? Sadly
Daza (former ops shift manager @ BHX)

runway14141414
5th Dec 2004, 17:33
Althougth it is on the on-line timetable I can't find a direct flight on Expedia,OPODO, Amadeus etc maybe its just me but I hope we haven't lost another one.

we_never_change
10th Dec 2004, 17:28
Rumoured to have delayed the start date but it will be apparently starting from BHX at some point (possibly Autumn 2005)

WNC

runway14141414
10th Dec 2004, 18:56
IF Gulf Traveller had decided against BHX it could be a good time for Ethiad to announce a service to AUH.

Air_Dream
17th Dec 2004, 01:16
Yes, BHX has been delayed till November 2005 due to rising oil prices etc etc. Usual company whitewash. Was in a memo that went out about 2 months ago.

Who knows... maybe never?