PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet's TV advertising. A step in the right direction?

JamesT73J
1st Dec 2004, 21:21
I've noticed the adverts on television recently, the focus of which appears to be a mix of the self-congratulatory and a statement of 'arrival' into the major league - not that EZY have much to prove: They have done a grand job.

The trouble I have with this is very simple. It bothers me when a successful business starts to pat itself on the back, stops concentrating on it's strengths, and turns to marketing and spit'n'polish to create something that isn't actually there. Easyjet to me means good fares, clean aircraft, friendly crews, and reasonable punctuality. I'd recommend them and use them in a heartbeat - as I would a few other carriers. I am not about to believe they have changed the world, reinvented the wheel, and revolutionised air travel, because they haven't.

Perhaps it comes from a slightly daft belief I have that people only need to do their best and the rest will follow one way or another; what do others think?

Romeo Delta
1st Dec 2004, 23:10
Southwest actually has some of the best marketing around, IMHO. So as long as EZY doesn't rest on their laurels and live solely off the ads, they should continue to be okay.

They may not have invented the wheel (although Ryanair's MOL might think HE did), but they sure had a hand in making it better.

RD