PDA

View Full Version : BHX F27 flight

sbanni
1st Dec 2004, 20:57
Hi all,

Heard that the BAC Express flight that operates into BHX and daystops virtually everyday will be replaced by an ATR42. Anyone have any idea when this will be happening?

Cheers
Scott

-Credit: MS

:ok:

MarkBHX
1st Dec 2004, 21:11
Why would they do this? Does the atr have a bigger capacity? Surely it would be easier to add extra frequency as the service isn't even daily!

BHXviscount
1st Dec 2004, 22:55
I'd have thought it might be more realiable than the F27's- they are getting on a bit..........

sbanni
2nd Dec 2004, 15:29
Mark,

Firstly BAC express have only 3 Fk27's. The other two are on duties elsewhere (often EDI), and so they would'nt be able to put another of these on the route. As "BHX Viscount" says, they are getting on a bit. Plus I believe there are plans to retire these shortly anyway.

Secondly, the BAC express flight twice this week has been operated by a West Air Sweden ATP and so this suggests to me that they haven't got any Sh360's spare either.

Seeing as ABR have recently acquired a few more ATR42's I would guess that this is the only way to replace the service,and so the addition of the ATR42 seems to be more to replace the Fk27 than to try and get extra capacity etc. Perhaps BAC express don't think there is the demand to add an extra flight!

Regards
Scott

we_never_change
2nd Dec 2004, 16:52
In another thread (possibly in the freight section), it mentions that BAC Express F27 pilots are undergoing conversion to the ATR42 as Contractors have a plan to replace the F27s (& possibly the SH360) with ATR42s which are, at the moment available at good rates.

The West Air ATP has done a couple of MAN-GLA rotations recently for ABR as has a Swiftair ATR72.

WNC