PDA

View Full Version : Avionics

grafity
1st Dec 2004, 16:40
Hi there folks,

I'm currently doing an Avionics course in Ireland, the course is a two year full time course and I do I think JAR66B exams. From what I'm told a part of the requirements for getting the license is 400 hours experience with an airline.

I was just wondering if anyone has any information on what happens when I get out of the course has anyone gone down this route to become an avionics Technician or has there company hired anyone with JAR Exams passed but no experience.

If anyone has any relevant information it would be much appreciated

near enuf is good enuf
8th Dec 2004, 20:38
Grafity,

Contact the likes of Shannon Aerospace for the necessary hours. I'm sure they may be interested in you on a part time basis i.e. weekends/hols with the intent to taking you on on a perm basis when course finished.
This route gives you the added bonus of checking out the industry before you have committed yourself 100% or gotten too old to change your mind (although snn aero mightn't be the best place to go if you want to stay in!).
B2 guys are hard to come by these days, enjoy the course and good luck.

grafity
9th Dec 2004, 11:18
Thanks interesting idea I might actually have a look around for a job for the summer, if nothing else I suppose I'd gain a few contacts.