PDA

View Full Version : Emirates flush with type rated applicants

wingandprayer
1st Dec 2004, 14:39
Had an interview date with emirates which I couldnt make, so was told would get a date within 3 months. Now just found out that they are now only interviewing type rated applicants............................true or just being fobbed off????

bus canuck
2nd Dec 2004, 01:45
I know of a guy here this week for an interview - not type rated.

411A
2nd Dec 2004, 16:07
Pilots who cannot make a scheduled interview will many times find that the door, once open for them, will now remain tightly shut, on further attempts at knocking.

Don't exactly know why this is, but have noticed this time and again from guys that were very disappointed.

OTOH, being invited to the interview, and then finding the slots already filled, will sometimes be advantageous, for the next hiring cycle....unless of course the company policy changes in the meantime.

Personally was invited to an interview many years ago for a middle east carrier, but finding the slots already gone, asked to be put on the waiting list.
Sure enough, six months later, here came the telex, offering a position.
Ignored same for another two years, yet they were still interested.
Finally accepted shortly thereafter.
This was at a time of a rather severe experienced heavy jet Commander shortage in the very early eighties....which is not likely to be repeated now, or in the near future.
Also, some airlines HR departments have the opinion that pilots are a dime a dozen...which they are, on the average.
But, if airlines keep up with this attitude, oftentimes they will find that many, seeing the bloom clearly off the rose, will not apply, and these same airlines will now have to pay dearly for experience, later on.

Some airlines, it seems, are clearly their own worst enemy.
Will these same airlines ever wake up to the fact that once the bad news about 'em gets around, they certainly will not get the cream of the crop?

Don't hold you breath.:}

thrustidle74
2nd Dec 2004, 18:24
I also know of 2 guys who have an interview next month.

Thrustidle

superman_32
4th Dec 2004, 13:55
The guys without a type-rating, how many hours did they have? and when you say no type-rating you mean on both fleets? Airbus and Boeings?

I am interested to know that, cos I do not hold any turbo-prop or jet type rating, only a poor younf flight instructor trying to make that first step , which I would like it to be with Emirates Airlines.

Thanks

T.T. 2200 hrs
UK ATPL

rainforest
4th Dec 2004, 15:21
The first step that you are looking for is check the website and see whether you have the minimum criteria ( and I think you gotta long way to go....! ).

EGGW
4th Dec 2004, 15:22
Keep dreamin with no jet or Turboprop Superman , little or no chance with EK.

Good Luck m8.

EGGW

swh
5th Dec 2004, 08:48
Rumours around SQ that in the order of 200 SQ 777 type rated experienced pilots are going from SQ to EK. SQ are running f/os into the ground as it is, 98/100 hrs a month, trying to take ex Silk Air A320 pilots off the 777 back to the 320 for Tiger to find they are running short on the 777. Now Parc is out trying to find 320 drivers for Tiger.

Dont know what base they are going for, or what pay scale, rumour is they are just sick of the way SQ has been treating them.

The ill feeling all goes back years when the goverment could not believe the pilot body would and did strike.

Dont know if this is a start for EK to setup a base in SIN to allow it to expand pacific services.

sluggums
5th Dec 2004, 10:11
swh......hmmmmmmmmm.......possible but very unlikely as regards the exodus from SQ to EK.:ok:

Austin Holed
5th Dec 2004, 11:23
How odd, I heard it was 200 777 F/Os going from EK to SQ:hmm:

NTM
5th Dec 2004, 13:01
only a poor younf flight instructor trying to make that first step , which I would like it to be with Emirates Airlines.

It would be a nice first step. :}
Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.
Unless you are a local, EK is not a first step type job.

Good Luck.