PDA

View Full Version : AP3003.....a sound investment

Always_broken_in_wilts
30th Nov 2004, 22:47
An email today, unless April 1st has come early, informs us that the new AP3003, a fantastic 400 page read about the History of the RAF....complete with pictures, is about to be issued on an individual basis to every serving airman and officer in aunty betty's finest:}

Bearing in mind the "CR Rom" debacle where most became coasters over night any thoughts on this latest squandering of the tax payers sheckles :rolleyes:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

adr
30th Nov 2004, 23:04
Think of it as a Christmas bonus for those with initiative, and watch out for a blizzard of these on eBay soon after issue! ;)

As long as it's not protectively marked, of course. Ahem.

adr

Always_broken_in_wilts
30th Nov 2004, 23:09
With only 5 peeps in our orifice I already know of the final resting place of "2000 sheets of pointless A4"

Our recycle bags are going to get a feast:ok:

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

foldingwings
1st Dec 2004, 12:36
I have mine already! Actually, you might be surprised and it will be a handy reference for those who are still in in 2006 when the (mandatory) Air Warfare Training Strategy kicks in! It forms the 4th part of a new sequence of AP3000 (Heard of it?) which includes: 3001 (Fundamentals of Air Power); 3002 (Air Operations Manual); and 3003 (A Brief History). A compendium of warfighting manuals to better educate those who have historically been stuck in their stovepipes!!!

Now standing by to receive incoming banter.

And before the Fisheads and Pongos barge in, we are well aware that our history is brief!

elderforest
1st Dec 2004, 12:44
Ah, King & Country . . . soft, strong and thoroughly absorbent . . .

opso
1st Dec 2004, 12:49
Coming soon: AP3004 (An Even Briefer Future). This 10 page pamphlet will give full details of the future of the RAF. It is officially a short story.

BEagle
1st Dec 2004, 13:03
Mandatory doctrinal training, eh? Shades of Chairman Mao and Stalin. Will each squadron then get their own zampolit to make sure that the party line is strictly observed?

Just gets better and better, doesn't it.

Still, I suppose that the Waddington White Elephant has to be justified somehow.....

FatBaldChief
1st Dec 2004, 13:15
I think this is a fantastic idea. My desk has been wonky for ages.

FatBaldandwonky:8

foldingwings
1st Dec 2004, 13:49
Now then, Beags! I always had you down as a bit of a cynic but one who nevertheless believed in the ethos, culture and core principles of the RAF that you and I joined; the AWT Strategy, I am told, is designed to recover some of the lost ground and better serve our personnel in providing them with a sound military base upon which they and the Service can build their futures. Yep, it will never be perfect but I thought that you at least would see that there was a need to replace some of the bricks that were removed from the wall in the last 20 years!

Let's give it a chance!

If it was banter, then I clearly missed it and humbly apologise!

BEagle
1st Dec 2004, 14:09
For me those values were implicit. I didn't need a glossy Air Power comic to tell me what I already new.

Worst thing that ever happened to Air Clues (RIP) was that Air Power bull$hit in the middle, thanks to the Boy Wonder. But it was eventually $hitcanned, thank heavens.

airborne_artist
1st Dec 2004, 14:13
Assuming AP3003 is un-classified, rather than consigning to re-cycling, perhaps you'd care to drop me a PM, and I can give you the address of my daughter's ATC Sqn, who will gladly make real use of it.

foldingwings
1st Dec 2004, 14:28
A A,

My information is that ATC units will receive copies eventually

Llademos
1st Dec 2004, 15:18
AA - if it's anything like the issue of the RAF Anorak (AKA Crisp Bag) then the ATC will be the first to get it.

Anyway, it's been part of the ATC syllabus since the Corp's inception, so nothing new, just fancier packaging

:D :D