PDA

View Full Version : Parcs 747-400 type rating self sponsorship... more madness?

Shagtastic
30th Nov 2004, 22:46
Just seen the banner advertising a self funded 747-400 type rating scheme.. when will this worldwide extortion end?

So what if the successful candidate gets a years line flying (at reduced salary no doubt.)

Obviously there will always be some cashed up mug ready to do it.

Fly3
1st Dec 2004, 00:28
This would be madness. If you are going to do it then at least pick a type with some life left in it such as a B777 or an Airbus.

fire wall
1st Dec 2004, 04:04
Fly 3, a very uninformed comment.
You obviously have never been to NRT, ANC, YVR, LAX, SFO, JFK, CGO.....jumbo city.
You can keep your light twins.
There is plenty of life left in the whale.

Flypuppy
1st Dec 2004, 07:47
The PARC self funded 747-400 rating requires you to have the same experience levels as someone who would be taken on directly with the host airline (i.e. min 2500 hours to include 1000 hrs on heavy jet or 3000 hours to include 2000 hours on efis turboprop).

You will then have to take out a loan for €32,000 euros, you will be paid €4000 per month, from which €2600 will be deducted to repay the loan from the remainder you will have to pay local tax and social security payments acommodation and living expenses.

If you fail any part of the training you will be responsible for the loan repayments and have no job.

RVR800
1st Dec 2004, 09:01
I know of a CFI of a flying school who went straight to 747 FO
from light aircraft. Had loads of ME IR time though. Had to pay for it....

sky330
1st Dec 2004, 10:22
when will this worldwide extortion end?

Easy, when Parc will say to the airline concerned, forget it, you will never be able to find a pilot willing to fly at these conditions.

The airline will not believe it, and after a few months looking for candidates (very few, I can assured you), it will make another offer with "type rating paid by airline".

It will be like that as long as WE accept it and disappear as soon as WE don't accept it.

It's call offer and demands....

slam_dunk
1st Dec 2004, 22:37
For your info :

Position:
B747 Type Rating / First Officer Programme

Experience/ Skills:
1500 Hours jet experience

Details:
Parc Aviation, in association with a leading international airline, are pleased to offer First Officers the opportunity to gain a type rating, and fly the B747-400.

In this unique programme, Parc will offer you the chance to self-sponsor a type rating for the Boeing 747-400 aircraft. Upon successfully gaining this type rating, we will then offer a one year contract as First Officer, flying intercontinental routes. Upon completion of this year, Parc Aviation will, using our position as the biggest flight crew leasing company in the world, endeavour to find further assignments for you.

Interested applicants should have the following minimum requirements:

- JAR Licence
- Class 1 JAR Medical
- EU Passport
- Minimum 2500 hours total time including 1000 hours on commercial jet aircraft weighing more than 50000kg

Please qoute FC856 in all correspondence.

:cool:

flystudent
2nd Dec 2004, 08:02
Pure & simple, this is just madness, I can't believe there are more and more of these scams, sorry I meant schemes coming up, I'd like to have thought they'd all be dying out.

So with the minmum hours required is this purely aimed at non low hour pilots then ? It smells very similar to the Air Asia deal in which they train you and give you X hours/months in a 737 in KL , but that was open to low hour guys.
Incidently I heard there was problems with that and the work permits, does anyone know anymore ?

Perhaps it's like anything, the madness will accelerate towards the final stages of these schemes and then bam be gone. Lets hope so. As a recently graduated wannabe there is no way I will part with anymore money (unless it's to get to selection) after having already parted with the ATPL training fees.

Would it not be more productive to just give the silly amount of cash to the recruitment individual as a back hander, completely immoral but probably get your career more mileage...maybe that's the next thing.....:bored:

FS