PDA

View Full Version : Licensing question

Transat Hostie
30th Nov 2004, 16:48
Hi folks,

Can anyone enlighten me on how the licencing works for private helicopter pilots at all?

A friend is buying a small chopper and wants to know how the licencing works if he employed someone to fly it for him? I've no idea, so I hope someone will be able to help me? Does it work the same way as aircraft where you are licenced to operate a certain type or not?

Cheers all! :ok:

Whirlygig
30th Nov 2004, 17:34
You don't say which country you are in but, if it's the UK, then the pilot must have a CPL(H) and be type-rated on that "small chopper".

The major difference btween fixed-wing and rotary is that rotary ratings are TYPE specific, not CLASS specific.

Cheers

Whirlygig

PS - if your friend wants tp learn to fly as well, then the pilot must also have an Instructor Rating.

Tony Chambers
30th Nov 2004, 17:34
You will get some good advice from experienced pilots on here. But if you contact the BHAB and/or CAA thay can give you all the info you will need. :ok:

Transat Hostie
30th Nov 2004, 17:45
Cheers guys,

We are talking Robinson 44 apparently, is that fixed or rotary?! :confused:

Its going to be based in Gloucestershire. If you know anyone who's up for a job, has the ratings etc, send me a PM and I can put them in touch ;)

There's a VERY good salary on offer!

2Sticks
30th Nov 2004, 18:13
TH
Hope your bandwidth doesn't get all used up with all the replies!!!:O