BHD to ABZ
EXT to CDG, BES
SOU to BES, CER
BHX to AGP, ALC, MJV, PMA, FAO, LEI, BES
LPL to EDI, GLA

Exciting times! :D

Phil Dubai
30th Nov 2004, 15:22
Pesonally I am mystified as to why FlyBe still haven't announced GLA-CDG. A moneyspinner if ever there was one despite Globespan starting a 1x Daily Orly route next summer ! :confused:

jabird
30th Nov 2004, 15:31
Do they actually have any a/c based in GLA? High BAA charges putting them off + the competition you have already mentioned (including FR going PIK to BVA)? Would a third airline on this city pair get any RDF funding?

jfriday
30th Nov 2004, 15:32
I'm suprised that Flybe have not decided to start sou-pmi and SOU-FAO. Surely there would be plenty of demand?

terrier21
30th Nov 2004, 17:26
So Flybe are reintroducing the Jer/Brs service. Strange considering it is already operated by three other airlines form Brs.

MerchantVenturer
30th Nov 2004, 18:35
JER-BRS only came off at the end of the summer and I assumed it was a winter break and would be back in summer 05, as is the case.

Of the other airlines operating the route, following its downsizing Aurigney might just do GCI from BRS next summer and not JER as well.

Someone asked in another thread about NCL's 'promised' additional Flybe routes.

The same question could be asked about BRS, because FLYbe made the same sort of noises about further expansion when it extended its BRS route network last year, but so far nothing has happened.

I wonder if the airline has now decided it can operate more routes from EXT than many thought would be viable and has decided to build that up as its main west country point of operations.

Probably makes little sense duplicating a lot of routes just up the M 5.

Daza
1st Dec 2004, 00:16
Does anyone have any idea when Flybe s BHX-SZG route will be bookable for Summer 2005?? the westite tells me this route will be operated in summer 2005 and will be bookable from late Nov!!
Daza

Wycombe
1st Dec 2004, 12:25
I don't think everything is yet completely cut & dried at Flybe for Summer 05 yet.

I want to use SOU-PGF for a family holiday next May, so was keen to get on their site and get the best prices today.

The route map shows it as a route, but it's not available in the booking engine.

A call to their Call Centre reveals that SOU-PGF and BHX-PGF are under review, and will be available (if they're going to be offered) after 15th Dec.

So why not say that on the website?

GrahamK
1st Dec 2004, 14:53
Two more routes from Bristol...
FlyBe 2 more routes from BRS (http://www.dehavilland.co.uk/webhost.asp?wci=default&wcp=AviationStoryPage&ItemID=7208498&ServiceID=8&filterid=1&searchid=37655)

Bergerac and Jersey

MerchantVenturer
1st Dec 2004, 18:36
This report that is linked also appeared in the local Bristol press today. It is a marvellous bit of creative marketing: new flights are announced that aren't really new at all and furthermore they represent a reduction of what went before.

In summer 2004 until the end of October Flybe flew from BRS to both Jersey and Bergerac on a daily basis - in fact I think Bergerac was reduced slightly in October.

These destinations then came off for the winter with Bergerac due to return for three rotations a week in February 2005 before going daily again next summer.

Jersey, however, will return in summer 2005 to a reduced schedule compared to summer 2004 - four rotations a week instead of daily.

How can all this be heralded as new services?

Whilst doing a bit of Google trawling I found this link re Flybe and Norwich Airport.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED30%20Nov%202004%2023%3A04%3A48%3A563

Paris, Dublin, Exeter. Aberdeen, Geneva and Chambery appear to be on the horizon for next winter from Norwich, followed by the Malagas, Alicantes etc in summer 2006.

terrier21
1st Dec 2004, 22:10
I suppose its a bit like wow offering new flights to LBA and NQY even though technically they are just reintroducing them.

I would still like to see a new airline based at BRS a long with new routes. EXT are going to obviousley expand with Flybe and CWL has now got the YYZ.

Seems its been a bit quiet at BRS since EWR.

flyerboy
2nd Dec 2004, 15:54
Terrier 21

What WOW are doing from BRS is nothing like what Flybe are doing. Although not new routes for BRS these are new routes for WOW as an airline, where as Flybe are re-introducing routes which they operated last Summer and calling them new routes.

As for it being all quiet I wouldnt say that was quite true with the introduction of EZY 7, 4 new EZY routes at the moment soon to be 5. Eastern starting ABZ, WOW announcing NQY/LBA and BACX adding an extra a/c plus new routes from next spring. Plus all the new charter destinations starting this winter I'd say its moving along quite well.

shark1
2nd Dec 2004, 16:15
No news about the SOU-TLS route. Will it continue next summer season ?