PDA

View Full Version : RE:cost of 300 block hours solo on a multi-engine in america

cirrus81
29th Nov 2004, 10:29
hi guys,

im looking for a flying school in america/canada, where i can build up twin command time of 300 hours. i have CPL/MECIR from australia with twin rating on Piper seminole with 35 hours dual time on it. can anyone provide me some information of a good flying school who can offer me competitive rates for 300 hours solo time. i am willing to buy block hours/. any help would be mch appreciated

Astra driver
29th Nov 2004, 17:16
Try a company called "All ATP's", they have locations throughout the US and specialize in preping people for their ATP as well as time building. There are also numerous schools in the greater Los Angeles area (some more reputable than others). Also try the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Assoc.

www.aopa.org

:ok:

englishal
30th Nov 2004, 15:16
Find out their normal rates, and make them an offer of a dry rate. Its far easier to do the accounting if you don't have to keep hold of fuel receipts.

35 hours is not very many though, and you may find that at least 15 will have to be dual to meet their insurance requirements.

ea