PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Sim Assesment at EMA

Yabaduu
29th Nov 2004, 09:26
Could someone give me some info about what the assesment is like? What sim is it on? What do you do? What are they looking for?...

Please, refrain any unasked for comments about how you dislike the company.

X-Centric
30th Nov 2004, 21:59
The sim check consists of a brief by your training captain followed by you briefing an approach plate. They can test you in either the -800 or the -200 it's a case of whatever is available on the day.

The check itself consists of some general handling (steep turns rolling out on headings, climbs decents etc.) & then you are asked to go back to the NDB. Once you have intercepted your course back in you are given an engine fire. Enter the hold & then a procedural, single engine ILS to land. Don't relax too much when you are back on planet earth as you then just might get an evacuation drill as the remaining engine bursts into flames. The airfields used tend to vary, I got Liverpool & a colleague of mine was given Knock but we both had pretty much the same assessment in the sim.

By the way, I am currently flying the 737 so I'm not too sure if a non rated candidate would get the same profile. Hope that this helps.:ok: