PDA

View Full Version : Principles & Methods of Instruction

Knockout
28th Nov 2004, 00:37
Can anyone point me in the right direction on what is required for the exam "Principles & Methods of Instruction" for the Grade 1, and what will be required of me in the test?

Thanks
KO

m-dot
28th Nov 2004, 00:51
Uless I am mistaken, there was a US text book - for the life of me I cant remember what it was called.

When I did the exam in 98 it was taken straight from there.

It was a piece of piss - dont get stressed about it.

QNIM
28th Nov 2004, 19:27
Gday Knockout
Haven't you kept your PMI stuff from when you did your rating? if not PM me and I should be able to provide what you need for the exam, it wasn't difficult.
Cheers Q

Knockout
28th Nov 2004, 20:06
Thanks QNIM,

I do have my PMI stuff from my initial but it was back in 98 I just wanted to be ready for anything.

KO

Jet_A_Knight
29th Nov 2004, 06:45
Here ya go, fella.

http://av-info.faa.gov/data/traininghandbook/faa-h-8083-9.pdf

Captain Nomad
29th Nov 2004, 07:57
Knockout,

Make sure you chase down a recent copy of that FAA Instructor's handbook - they have added a few extra bits since the earlier 1970/80's edition. Also, now that it is an ASL cyber exam they have decided to add a few more questions - I think it is 50-80.

A few hints: Know those taxonomy(?) tables (illustrated as a stair of learning processes - I remember there were a few of those in the book that were ammunition for a few questions), maslow's theory, stages of learning, short/long term memory etc. There are still a number of questions that are very similar to the original ones used for many years but don't underestimate the cyber exam now - it is definitely a bit more beefed up. I did mine at the same time as a fellow from another school and I don't think he was too happy at the end of it - say no more!:sad:

Study hard and take time to think carefully in the exam - you'll have heaps of time!:ok:

Goodluck!;)

Jet_A_Knight
30th Nov 2004, 05:02
Err, I suppose I should have mentioned the fact that this link http://av-info.faa.gov/data/trainin...aa-h-8083-9.pdf that I posted above is for a pdf of the FAA Instructors Manual.

Right click, 'save as' and bang, she's yours.:ok: