PDA

View Full Version : Achtung Mein Herren und Damen

Yak Hunt
27th Nov 2004, 16:01
The only aircraft to have been repainted in recent years at BMI is the newly painted G-MIDL in 'Star' colours (all 'BMi painted a/c are factory delivered)

Alledgedly the new company uniform (not Pilots) is Black???!!!, which neither matches the inside of any aircraft and only the outside of the 'Star' aircraft. I wonder if it will feature yellow trim?

They don't like it up 'em Mr Mainwaring

ATNotts
28th Nov 2004, 10:07
"Achtung Mein Herren und Damen"

I may be wrong, as a non-Native German speaker - but I would have thought that "Meiner Herren und Damen" was gramatically correct - but that "Meine Damen und Herren" would more more polite.

Perhaps Hr. Mueller could confirm?

I appreciate the "humour" of the posting - but when exactly are we British going to finally forget the b****y war!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andrew

lexxity
28th Nov 2004, 11:52
Yep, we have heard that all star carriers will be in black with their carriers logo on the sleeve turn up. We will see. Auf wiedersen!

Yak Hunt
28th Nov 2004, 19:35
'would more more polite'

ATNotts, if you are so bored that you want to join the ranks of those that want to go around this site picking people up on trivial language/spelling/grammar errors - you might be better checking your own postings and native language first!!! I was not making any comment regarding the war, merely a comment from a TV programme.
Lighten up and get out a bit more!!

chiglet
28th Nov 2004, 20:14
"Don't tell him your name Pike" :ok:
watp,iktck

ATNotts
28th Nov 2004, 20:42
Yak Hunt

It is clearly thee, rather than I that perhaps needs to "lighten up".

I at least spotten the humour in your initial posting.

IMHO it is as well to remember that this is an international forum, and British "domestic humour" may not always play well with a less parochial audience outside this sceptred isle.

By the way - when will we finally "forgive and forget"?

Avman
29th Nov 2004, 09:43
Forgive : YES

Forget : NO

Why should we forget all those men and women, on both sides, who lost their lives in this conflict.

However, I work with Germans and believe me they CAN take a joke about the war, and they can also give as good as they get.

English or German, "politically correct" people are people who need to get a life!

DocJacko
1st Dec 2004, 20:28
Being a native German, I can assure you that the correct (and also most polite) version would be" Achtung meine Damen und Herren"