PDA

View Full Version : A320 type rated pilot / low hours

naokofukui
27th Nov 2004, 11:53
Hi there!

where can I apply with Airbus A320 type rating, but only with about 250h on type? Does anybody know a realistic chance?

Greetz

concordino
28th Nov 2004, 12:30
Depends on what kind of license you have and other variables, I'm sure if you expanded a bit on your profile someone might be able to help...

naokofukui
28th Nov 2004, 22:28
CPL (A) liscence, TT 500, nothing more airliner experience. this is the problem. so any chance to apply with low hours?? which airline?

Grim
29th Nov 2004, 09:26
hi there,

you might want to try LTU international airline in düsseldorf/germany. they are looking for type rated pilots as well as none rated in the future.
also try aero flight, which is a fairly new german airline but with a very experienced dedicated staff. they are flying a320/321 and are looking for a few new f/os.

hope i could help

grim

AH64 APACHE
29th Nov 2004, 10:13
Might want to try the following
Vuelair
Wizzair
Qatar
Air Arabiah
Vietnam *through contract agencies)
BA (if more than 100 sectors)
Any A320 operator in UK
Star Airlines (france)
Iberworld

There are a lot hiring at the moment and there seems to be a shortage of people with the TR at the moment. However a lot of people will not touch you with only 250 hours as for some reason they seem to want the magic 500 hours. Also with low total time they will wonder where you got the 250 hours and so ask how quality those hours are.
Keep trying them all though as someone once said on this website at first airlines want experienced TR guys and then if they run out of them then move onto TR guys and then finally onto non tr guys and then low hours.

i.e. if you get your cv in and they have just exhausted all the possibilities in the first category then you may have a lucky day!
Good Luck!

G SXTY
29th Nov 2004, 12:05
And what AH64 modestly doesn't mention is that British Airways are currently recruiting very low-houred people with A320 TRs.

Well done mate! :ok: :ok:

zerograv
29th Nov 2004, 16:42
Grim
For LTU fluent German necessary. How is it for Aero Flight?

G SXTY
Very low hrs, but you have to have some experience on the
machine or am I wrong?

Regards,
Zerograv

AH64 APACHE
29th Nov 2004, 17:14
Affirm - but not always the magic 500 hours but definitely some - have not heard of anyone being hired with just TR.

naokofukui
29th Nov 2004, 18:09
Thank you so far for the reply to my questions.

For LTU you need 750h on ac > 5,7t.
Aero Flight does not hire in this year.

Good outlook for BA, because I do fullfill 100h criteria.

But the most airline you mention you need
500h, am I correct?

Does anybody know a contact person in this matter?

NF:D :D

GARDENER
29th Nov 2004, 19:32
I would not just focus on who is recruiting but if they have the A320 in their fleet I would apply. For the cost of a stamp/email what have you got to lose?

AH64 APACHE
30th Nov 2004, 11:23
Regardless of hours always apply as you might get your CV in on the day they run out of 750 hours+ and so you would then be considered.

Luck plays a huge role in this industry and so make yourself have more chance of being lucky by having your CV in everywhere.

Also I think you might find that BA need 100 sectors OR 400 hours. Check on their website www.britishairways.com (http://www.britishwairwaysjobs.com) .

Most airlines say they need 500 hours on type but bare in mind what has been said already - i.e. that if your CV is in the right place at the right time then they will accept less than 500 hours. As for any airline not hiring - they might well say that but they could be hiring tomorrow so get a CV in.

Racing Green
30th Nov 2004, 11:42
vacancies@srilankan
[email protected]

A340/30/20

Advert Flight International

If you have one of the above ratings get your CV in, nice place as well

Grim
30th Nov 2004, 21:04
hi there,

@naokofukui:

well i do know "personally" that aero flight does need some few pilots for a320/321. just give it a try. i don't want to say more but that's the way it is.

brgds

grim

George Semel
2nd Dec 2004, 15:50
I don't understand some of you guys, you all seem to figuire that If I don't have the exact number of hours or what have you, I should not bother sending in a resume. You are doing nothing but saying No to yourself, let the HR at the airline or what ever make that call. It costs nothing to mail or e-mail a resume with a cover letter. I would send a resume to every airline that flies the type of aircraft that you have a type for.

naokofukui
2nd Jan 2005, 02:56
thank you for the reply so far.

@grim, can you pls pm me. i cannot answer you directly :{ :{ :{

so until now there had be no reply for my
CVs. keep trying it.. any further comment
appreciated :D

is there any chance with hour building with aeromadrid? becaucse they also offer a typerating course with line training??!!

nf