PDA

View Full Version : Oxford school finals

icepilot
26th Nov 2004, 18:45
I just finished my Oxford Phase 1 school finals (PoF, Met, Inst, Sys, HP, Comms) and I have my JARīs 10 days.

My results were OK, nothing super though, passed all 82% average.

I thought these finals were really hard compared to the feedback exams I have been doing (Bristol and Oxford)

Are there any ex-Oxford students that can comment on the difference between the school finals and JAR? Should I expect the JARīs to be similar or harder than school finals?

Any comments appriciated...

jote
27th Nov 2004, 09:53
I was a modular student a couple of years back at Oxford, the information given then regarding school finals was, Oxford set their finals to be 5-10% harder than the actual jar exam(s). The reasoning, (I was told) is that schools should only submit candidates that have attained the required standard to pass the exams.

Tea White None
27th Nov 2004, 19:11
If you have passed your school finals with an 82% average, then you should have no problems with the actual JAA exams.

Oxford do tend to have demanding school finals that contain quite a few non feedback questions just so that they test your actual knowledge and understanding of the subject. This is to weed out those who just question learn!

Come the day, you will probably find quite a few familiar questions and provided you use your time wisely between now and your exams, I'm sure that you'll do yourself proud come the day.

Good Luck