PDA

View Full Version : More ezy routes from BFS

Booyaaka
26th Nov 2004, 14:51
Watch out for news in the coming days. One new domestic and at least three new Europeans believed to be on the cards.

G-OCAT
26th Nov 2004, 15:24
Maybe it will be Manchester?!

Brakes to Park
26th Nov 2004, 15:26
easyJet has today confirmed it will be announcing at least 4 new routes from its Belfast base over the next few weeks.

One of these routes will be to Inverness and more details on the start dates and timetables will follow in the next few weeks along with confirmation of the new destinations

willywick
26th Nov 2004, 15:37
I've heard that the list is down to Faro, Geneva, Berlin, Rome and Palma. Though this was a few weeks ago, obviously things may have changed and easy will have chosen what cities to serve out of the lot.

ALLMCC
26th Nov 2004, 15:59
All existing destinations and hence little more than dot joining on their existing network - Inverness would be a strange choice - can't envisage much demand for that even with low fares!

Wee Weasley Welshman
26th Nov 2004, 16:57
Whereas if these routes were from BHD doubtless you would be cooing about the exciting new opportunities on offer from that ever expanding utopia of regional aviation. One assumes. ;)

eastern wiseguy
26th Nov 2004, 17:13
I reckon Rome would be a major success......religious pilgrimages alone!!.....I actually thought Aberdeen might have been a runner rather than Inverness....

WWW.....he will only accuse you of being me now!!:ok: (he knows what I mean)

with alacrity
26th Nov 2004, 18:00
Looks like Albertis (private joke for BFS/BHD staff) the construction company had better get pouring cement big time for the new stands needed to accommodate all these extra services:D

Inverness ( bit weird ),Geneva, Berlin and Rome might be existing destinations on the Easyjet network, but they certainly are not existing destinations served direct by any carrier in Northern Ireland on a regular basis.

ALLMCC, I am flying out of your beloved utopia of regional aviation on Sunday with FlyBe to Southampton.
I trust you have been very busy cleaning all the Terminal windows.;)

CaptJ
26th Nov 2004, 19:12
Must say Inverness does seem strange.

Rome will be a winner though, lot of interest in Italy at the minute.

I reckon they are only doing it to be able to taunt FlyBe with posters like

MOST DESTINATIONS FROM BELFAST
N Irelands Favourite Airline
etc etc

Can just see the advertising trucks trundling around Belfast, blocking traffic, neatly interleaved. easyJet, FlyBe, easyJet, FlyBe

must buy a flatbed truck:E

NWSRG
27th Nov 2004, 11:33
Surprised at Inverness...is there the custom to justify it?

As for Rome, we'd be better off with Milan...catch both the tourist and business market.

Same goes for Berlin...would Munich, Dusseldorf, or Stuttgart not make more sense?

...but it's great to see all the new routes anyway!

dontdoit
27th Nov 2004, 13:34
This is the start of the end which has been forecast for ages. Come on, Inverness to Belfast? Pass the Aztec, please!

The point to point market in Europe is now saturated, and when you've ordered so many aeroplanes that you have to start joining Leipzig to Lapland just to keep the cash going through the books, there's only one way down..........

globeboy
27th Nov 2004, 14:47
inverness from bfs wont work but then ezy has got the money to go down the drain. sure eastern are flying a 18 seater out of bfs to abz and most days it has a max of 10 pax, on good days 15/16 pax. so why do ezy thk they can make this other route work. And to end watch this space for jet2.com now this airline is up and coming !!!!!!!!!!

Scottie
27th Nov 2004, 16:14
Ah yes that auld chestnut! The demise of my employer.

When I started in aviation in the 1990's BFS-EDI-BFS was done on a shed twice a day carrying 30 odd people. Now we have 4 flights (148 each way) a day between the two cities and Flybe also going to BHD. Who'd have thought it.

eJ management aren't stupid, for instance they refuse to expand the Scottish bases because of the landing charges. Who know BFS-INV may not have high frequency......

Meeb
27th Nov 2004, 18:09
eJ management aren't stupid, for instance they refuse to expand the Scottish bases because of the landing charges.

The only time I would use the words 'management' and 'stupid' in the same sentance would be in the affirmative.... ;)

omoko joe
27th Nov 2004, 21:03
I reckon it's down to CIA, CGN, SXF, PMI, FAO, GVA. My fiver is on GVA, FAO and CIA. I'll bet the GVA will originate in GVA too. Not sure on the logic behind INV..but i'll bet that it's only 2 or 3 times a week.

willywick
27th Nov 2004, 22:07
Seems like the media have been told about the BFS-INV route as per this: http://m2.com/m2/m2web.nsf/pv/85256A0F00242D3C85256F5800637E66?OpenDocument&PubWrapper=M2+PressWIRE

Also don't speak any Spanish but it seems as if Lisbon is trying to get EZ to launch some flights from London.

http://www.labolsa.com/noticias/20041127124530/

Will be interesting to know when EZ announce their new routes for each base.

eastern wiseguy
27th Nov 2004, 22:25
Why would you speak Spanish for flights to Lisbon? I agree that the EDI used to be a shed and now there are more seats than enough between BFS and EDI ...oh and one or two from the docks ...but surely the point is that the low fares GROW the market........struggling to see the logic here BUT happy to accomodate.....BRING ON ROMA !!

willywick
27th Nov 2004, 22:30
Why would you speak Spanish for flights to Lisbon?

The article linked was Spanish thus the statement.

jabird
27th Dec 2004, 13:06
So the INV run is daily, with 1hr 05 for the flight, and a 20 minute turnaround. Is this a case of sending the aircraft somewhere to fill in the gaps, to hell with yield, or is there seriously enough demand on this route to make a stand alone profit - only negative comments on this so far? If they can make BFS to INV work, then they must be looking at LPL or NEMA to take on Eastern's 'prop services to MAN and BHX - or are there no gaps on their schedules from these bases which need filling?