PDA

View Full Version : Air Southwest - More Routes

Charlie Fox
26th Nov 2004, 09:44
According to BBC Devon more routes to be announced today.

bmifox
26th Nov 2004, 09:46
Flights from Bristol, Plymouth and Newquay to Leeds/Bradford from 11th April!

Charlie Fox
26th Nov 2004, 11:28
BBC news details (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/4044797.stm)

MerchantVenturer
26th Nov 2004, 12:02
To add a bit of meat to the BBC report a check of the Air Southwest timetable reveals the following.

There will be two rotations NQY-BRS-LBA Monday to Friday, one in the morning and the other late afternoon/evening. PLH pax wishing to travel to LBA will change at BRS, presumably using the morning PLH-BRS-MAN service to BRS, and the evening one back.

The return morning working from LBA and BRS to NQY will then go to DUB before immediately returning to NQY and operating the evening rotation to BRS and LBA.

Sundays have one NQY-BRS-LBA rotation and one NQY-DUB rotation.

This appears to be more good news for the whole of the southwest, coming as it does hot on the heels of expansion of scheduled services at EXT and major expansion at BRS, plus a decent domestic route network being worked up at PLH with Air Wales as well as Air Southwest. In addition Cornwall will have direct flights to Dublin and Yorkshire to go with its current routes to Gatwick and Stansted.

I was told a couple of weeks ago by a reliable source that Air Southwest were to announce further routes in the near future from BRS although I was not told what they would be. We now know.

At that time I was also led to believe that there will be further announcements in the coming months from other airlines regarding additional routes and increased frequencies on some current routes at BRS.

terrier21
26th Nov 2004, 13:49
Fantastic News.

well done airsouthwest.

T21