PDA

View Full Version : Brittania Assessment Day and Technical

Neil Spooner
26th Nov 2004, 07:49
Hi, I have an assessment day at Brittania soon, does anyone know the secret and what to expect. Apparently somewhere out in the ether there is some info on the technical questions, any help would be much appreciated.:hmm:

MAX
26th Nov 2004, 13:27
Hi,

If you do a search you will find lots of information. Including the fact the interview contains NO technical questions.

Good Luck.

MAX:cool:

Le-Slat Disagree
26th Nov 2004, 20:00
Jack, the dictionary has changed yet again though, Britannia is now spelt ThomsonFly.... wonder if that will ever make it in to the Oxford :rolleyes:

Le-Slat

Neil Spooner
27th Nov 2004, 09:03
Strange, I thought I might get some useful info' from this forum. Its the first time I have used it. It seems its a good arena to find yourself targetted by snipers!
I have a few retorts, but then I would only be elevating myself to the same level.
Have a nice day everyone.

It is a two day (not consecutive) assessment.
The first day is : "numerical and analytical testing, group exercises and a question and answer session with one of their Pilot recruiters.
The second day comprises a sim ride, and a psychologist and management interview."

I am told that some technical questions are asked on the second day........I suppose I may be getting ahead of myself by researching for the second day, but hey, you never know I might learn something!

Oh yes:Britannia and Thomson Fly are both names to leave in the dictionnarry if I could spell it.

dann1405
27th Nov 2004, 09:40
Hi Neil,
Sadly there are a lot of people floating around on this site with nothing better to do than pick holes in other people's posts. They are missing the whole point of forums like this... Unfortunately I don't have any info on the Britannia scheme but I wish you all the best with it.
Dan

Gin Slinger
27th Nov 2004, 11:26
Neil, I can confirm there are no tech questions in the BAL/TFly interview.

Dylsexlic
29th Nov 2004, 14:35
Neil

You can spell things how you like mate!

I'm curious - do you have much flying experience at all or are they recruiting ab initios again? They had a recruitment drive earlier in the year - about April I think - but were not taking anyone with more than about 50 hours flying experience.

"I'm dylsexlic but I don't give a FCUK":ok:

Willy Miller
30th Nov 2004, 22:59
Passed part one ok and did sim (not so OK) If anyone has questiuons about the process up 'till then feel free to PM me.

They really do seem like a good bunch and I will be re-applying in two years ( if I'm not flying float planes in the maldives!)

Oh yeah, stop bitchin!

We are all (I hope) after the same thing, to get payed to do some thing we love (flying) I screwed the sim up and won't be going to Tfly but will be happy to help anyone else.

Regards to all

WM:ok:

ani spilling mist-steaks are dew too sum shiraz.......................

Neil Spooner
5th Dec 2004, 09:35
Hi you all,
Dylsexlic ( love the handle): I have about 1300hrs BAe 146, but am trying to get with a proper outfit before I become a career FO.
Willy: I had an assessment day in March, didn't get through so trying again........have a go, tho it sounds like you got a bond or something for a couple of years.
Is the sim ride in a 125?
Take care and ATB

MAX
5th Dec 2004, 13:31
Sim used to be in a 125 but believe recently they have been using the 757. If you make the sim and fail you have to wait 2 years before reapplying. If you fail the written tests etc you can apply again after a year.

MAX:cool:

Wanabee,Gunnabee,Am
6th Dec 2004, 08:55
Dylsexlic

You can spell things how you like mate!

Great attitude to have! You'll go a long way.

Codman
12th Dec 2004, 00:59
Bit late chaps but never mind. Went through the process in the summer.

Written stuff on day 1 was fairly straight forward although I found the maths a bit awkward (mainly 'cos I'm thick as pigs**t). Don't be intimidated by the psychometric test, just give your immediate, honest answer to each question.

Day 2 sim ride is the in B757 (and its a good one). Two laps round a radar circuit at LTN with 2 excellent, retired BY Captains. If you learn the profiles BY provide and keep in mind the ballpark thrust and pitch settings it shouldn't be a problem.

The management interview is very relaxed. It was conducted by another retired Captain and someone from the HR department. There are no tech questions (thank god). Basic chat to make sure you haven't got two heads and an objectionable attitude. The final part was the interview with the psychologist. The advice I got was 'be honest'. She'll see straight through if you tell a white lie because she's got your psychometric test results along with your application in front of her.

Good luck.
Rgds Codman