PDA

View Full Version : Flybe quit LCY on 10Jan

JobsaGoodun
25th Nov 2004, 15:54
http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=870&ArticleID=895027

It looks as if the cost of flying the Q400 into LCY is not worth it for just one route, if the above is anything to go by. This leaves Flybe with just one route from IOM-BHX.

WHBM
25th Nov 2004, 17:15
Although the thread title would lead one to believe that the LCY-IOM route was being lost, it is actually a route transfer as Euromanx will be taking over. It's not clear whether Euromanx 146s (referred to both in another PPRuNe post and in the press article) will be used.

Does this impact on the Euromanx service to Stansted ?

jamesbrownontheroad
25th Nov 2004, 18:11
I've heard that the current BHD-IOM-LCY service is to be reconfigured as a direct BHD-LCY service, possibly with better timings. I believe there is currently one direct flight and one via IOM each day - it's ludicrous that the one city airport to city airport service from the province to the capital has it's business appeal rendered useless by a stop that prolongs the journey.

*j*

euromanxdude
25th Nov 2004, 19:08
well thats no longer the case now, is it?

WHBM
25th Nov 2004, 22:24
the current BHD-IOM-LCY service is to be reconfigured as a direct BHD-LCY service,
I would think that's unlikely as FlyBe had that service a few years ago and I used to use it as it was convenient for me at both ends of the route. The loads were particularly thin, certainly worse than being got nowadays on the IOM route, and often down to single figures in the Dash 8. Yes, you would think it would pick up business traffic, but it didn't at all, even though the flights were at pretty much the right times for business traffic. I would imagine FlyBe wouldn't want to get burned again.

Dee747
26th Nov 2004, 16:15
Terrible decision to pull out of BHD- LCY. This was a terrific connection allowing pax to bypass LHR/LGW and still do a full day in the City. Even used it for a couple of leisure breaks in London with the family and found it a terrific airport to get through. Useful too when journeying to/from JER with flybe in the past.

Please bring it back again !!! :ok: