PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlantique

smith
25th Nov 2004, 13:44
Air Atlantique (I think) Lockheed Electra( I think) in the circuit at Prestwick today. One less unemployed CPL/IR in the pond with the rest of us? Good luck to the pilot doing the training.

nosewheelfirst
25th Nov 2004, 14:03
Mucking up the circuit for everybody else :} at least he made the Ryanairs use the runway in use :)

Charlie Zulu
25th Nov 2004, 16:26
We don't have problems with Ryanair at Cardiff....

Its the Air Wales, KLM and Baby Pilots all wanting the reciprocal runway of the last departure or arrival when the wind is calm and I am in the circuit.

Makes for interesting tear drop circuits... ie depart runway 12, tear drop back onto runway 30 for a go then into a normal circuit before another tear drop to get back onto a runway 12 in use.

:D

hotprop
25th Nov 2004, 21:38
Bah..... who needs runways! use the grass:E

smith
25th Nov 2004, 21:41
At Prestwick the Ryanair Pilots usually want to take off and land as close to the terminal. They usually request 13 for dep and 31 for landing so as to reduce taxi time. They do this irrespective of the wind.

kpiko3
27th Nov 2004, 23:54
Electra was G-LOFE in the circuit today...definately a trainer he was performing some nice manouvers after take off and turning finals coming out of the left hand circuit for 13!!

Long live the Electra!

Cheers
Kpiko