PDA

View Full Version : New NAS

DeltaSix
25th Nov 2004, 10:29
Guys,

Any idea why with the new National Airspace System, they have changed the class E airspace that usually sits on top of a Class D to a class A ?........ obviously I guess for safety reasons.

IFR to IFR are given traffic advisory and separation and VFR and special VFR advisory and separation as well to IFR traffic in class A & C.

Because in class E I believe, VFR is only required to monitor the area frequency and could possibly cause conflict if not vectored away from IFR.

Its a bit worrying I guess that after you break out of clouds, you get a screenful of Cessnas.

Any other reasons do you think ?

Thanks

DeltaSix

:ok:

Feather #3
25th Nov 2004, 18:25
Ummmm......E over D has become C over D!

A is a little bit higher.

G'day ;)

DeltaSix
25th Nov 2004, 20:05
Feather #3, thanks for correcting........ you're right, I should've said C instead of A....... must've had a long day. Sorry

Cheers

DeltaSix :ok:

DirtyPierre
25th Nov 2004, 21:59
IFR to IFR are given traffic advisory and separation and VFR and special VFR advisory and separation as well to IFR traffic in class A & C.

Not quite correct, VFR and Special VFR are not allowed in Class A.

Because in class E I believe, VFR is only required to monitor the area frequency and could possibly cause conflict if not vectored away from IFR.

From Nov 25, in Class E, VFR are required to be on the Class E frequency as depicted on the chart. This is so they are on the same frequency as the IFR acft in Class E. Before Nov 25 2004, VFR acft in E where to be on the "appropriate" frequency.

Any idea why with the new National Airspace System, they have changed the class E airspace that usually sits on top of a Class D to a class A ?........ obviously I guess for safety reasons.

If you do a search about NAS on this forum, you'll find that the opposition to NAS and the consequent changes are safety based. This is detailed by the announcements made by Airservices Australia in relation to the changes.

If you are a pilot you should have received the education material about the changes. If you're not a pilot, the NAS changes are detailed on the Airservices Website (www.airservicesaustralia.com).

DeltaSix
26th Nov 2004, 00:09
I already had the educational material......... will go through it thoroughly in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the info DirtyPierre..........

Will look at other forums as well on the new NAS.

DeltaSix
:p