PDA

View Full Version : Ramp Check

ovum
24th Nov 2004, 20:12
So did anyone fail the ramp check yesterday (24/11) at YSBK? CASA inspectors were walking around airside from 0730, mainly checking flight schools which, from my understanding, is out of the ordinary?

HotPete
25th Nov 2004, 06:11
Maybe it was retribution for non-attendance at the Instructors Seminar they ran on 23 & 24/11.

Ultralights
27th Nov 2004, 21:56
dont quote me, but i get the feeling Mcquarie wants all small operators OUT of YSBK, and so, they make life hell for all that dare use their airfeild! (unless your a paying RPT operator of course)

Kickatinalong
28th Nov 2004, 09:40
15th March '05 look out all you operators on the south side of YSBK things are going to change and in a hurry after this date. GOOD LUCK !:{ 15th March '05

Biggles_in_Oz
30th Nov 2004, 09:56
Ooooww :mad:

What is BAL aka BaCH (Commonweakth Bank/Toll Holdings/Fielding Group) intending to do this time to YSBK ?

(apart from raising the rent and parking fees yet again)

splatman
7th Dec 2004, 08:03
Are you guys seriously suggesting that the CASA FOI's are acting in the interest of the AD owner.

Funny stuff if you are.

I dont think that BK has any more "microscope" attention than other airfields when there is an ongoing accident/incident rate occuring.

I would use as an example Horn Island in early 2000. Higher than average accident rates in the region and naturally CASA are going to have a look to ensure the rules are being applied.

In regard to RAMP checks, if your operation is compliant - and the FOI's are professional in their conduct, what is the problem??

Ramp checks are a way of life in aviation, work with the FOI's , after all, we are all trying to achieve the same thing, a compliant and safe operation. :E

splatman
8th Dec 2004, 06:18
Gents - for the Record - I am not from CASA or any govt. body.

In fact I work in the check and training department with EAA and in my spare time I am the Chief Pilot with a Charter Operator at BK.

So if you care to do your homework you'll have no trouble finding out who I am for fact rather than a guess.

23 Metros

I think you will find all operators have deficiencies and issues

No doubt, some more so than others, but even the AWI's have limits to what they can do. If the aircraft you have been provided with is serviceable and has its paper work in order what can they do??

Not sure what the problem is here, are you suggesting that CASA should not audit the operators they are responsible? Perhaps enlighten me.

:D

splatman
9th Dec 2004, 03:14
Ramp checks in the RPT environment are a regular event and the surveillance level attributed to RPT organisations is significantly higher in my experience than GA organisations. Look at CASA's future direction and you will see that passenger carrying operations are going to attract a larger percentage of their resources.

Not sure I agree with your "part time" CP statement, I said in my "spare time" (very little of that now!)

Gents in 25 years of aviation I think I have seen it all. Im not sure that I need to be asking myself the questions here. But I can assure you EAA are subject to their fair share of scrutiny, as would be DJ, QF and the list goes on. Compared to the GA company I am associated with at BK, the airline operations attract equitable visits from the regulator.

Im only guessing but would the Sydney Basin Office be responsible for the surveillance of your companies AOC? If so then it seems logical to me that the majority of your ramps would occur at BK. When I was CP of an Adelaide based regional airline the vast majority of our ramps occured guess where - Adelaide.

It could also be that the Sydney Basin office are reacting to the number of serious accidents that have occured and are attempting to determine the level of compliance of operators utilising the AD at BK.

The other question that comes to mind is were there any issues identified on previous ramps or during audits( I dont really want to know) but if there was it would seem reasonable they would follow up with periodic checks to ascertain the situation.

As for bringing heat or friction on an individual, well no doubt than can occur. But if you look back at the original post 23 Metros

these pr*cks need to get a life I was merely pointing out that they are doing their job and you have a choice, work with them or against them. You asked if any one could note any similar levels of "microscope attention" and I answered yes. Go and look at Horn Island, talk to some of the operators there, CASA FOI's in pairs with matching pairs of AWI's flying in on a monthly basis, ramping operators on a daily basis for a week. I have actually been ramped twice in the same day and three times during the same week.

Bankstown is not an orphan, your not getting special treatment! and I dont have a chip on my shoulder about the regulator which obviously some people in the industry do. ( for good reason or not I am sure)

Enough said gents, we will have to agree to disagree on this one, I respect your right to an opinion, perhaps you could respect mine and we'll leave this one lie. Well at least I will.

:hmm:

RSO
9th Dec 2004, 07:55
Splatman

Intrigued as to how a part time chief pilot postion operates with a charter company.

Can understand that your EAA experience would benifit the charter company.

No offence, maybe there should be more of it. I am all for knowledge transfer.