PDA

View Full Version : Secret plans to hi-jack a forum in case JB gets shut down foiled

Le Pen
24th Nov 2004, 14:17
From our reporter..............

Sources high up in Whitehall have, this morning, confirmed an evil plan to Hi-Jack a PPRuNe forum has been thwarted.
It emerged yesterday, that the leader of this ring of criminal masterminds, had put into action a plan to by-pass PPRune security. Totally ignoring the dangers involved. The man, known as Tony Draper, had started plans to Hi-Jack one of the two un moderated forums and use it for his own evil ends.

Fortunately a crack team of highly trained "sooooooper moderators" lead by the fearless and feared Flaps got wind of the plan.

The investigation is now focusing on a small group of people who have an admitted addiction to PPRuNe.

A spokesperson for PPRuNe declined to comment on this matter directly. He did say, however, that he'd have to have a beer and think about it.

airship
24th Nov 2004, 14:21
I am juste a simple onion-seller. But if you come to René's café later, I may be able to tell you more...about the 2 British airmen in-vol-ved. :suspect:

Jerricho
24th Nov 2004, 14:29
Typical effin journo.............can't get the facts straight. Everybody knows Mr Draper had nothing to do with it. He was too busy trying to work out who fecked up his computer cause he couldn't access JB!

(And if anyone asks, so was I :suspect: That Buster H though..........watch him)

timmcat
24th Nov 2004, 14:47
We 'visited' another forum once.. ended in tears for a few of us. :(

airship
24th Nov 2004, 14:58
The hurricane season is just about over now...perhaps it's time for a Caribbean vacation? But I think T.I.M. should lead the way...:D

PilotsPal
24th Nov 2004, 15:14
Some of us used to nip over to non-specific aviation issues for a little snooze - but they kicked us out when the snoring became intolerable....

timmcat
24th Nov 2004, 15:15
You are on your own this time Airship - .closest I've been to being banned in over three years.... (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123131)

The Invisible Man
24th Nov 2004, 15:23
I fear nothing...

no no no... look what happened last time.

You walk alone Airship with the rest of us 20 paces behind!!!

tony draper
24th Nov 2004, 15:35
Ha! all nonsense of course, had Drapes planned a coup twould have been all over in seconds and no one would have known a thing about it, except th mods of course, and they would all be locked up in the cupboard under the stairs.
:rolleyes:

airship
24th Nov 2004, 15:36
It's far too early to be going off to the Caribbean now! Goodness gracious, it's still daytime there, there's bound to be someone on watch. If someone could just find a good thread in one of the forums well E of Greenwich...:E

Jerricho
24th Nov 2004, 15:42
You all do realise that anybody that does a site search on "hi-jack" is going to see this thread and wonder just WTF is going on.

airship
24th Nov 2004, 15:54
Well, I just ate some couscous and sate. ;)

DishMan
24th Nov 2004, 15:59
Jerricho
The mere mention of that word has probably already flagged the CIA. And some poor chap/chapess in a dark room somewhere is desperately trying to make head or tail of it. (Especially as the site refers to "aeroplanes" as well! :eek:

Jerricho
24th Nov 2004, 16:00
Oh crap!

Everybody, prepare for body cavity searches. And take your shoes off please.

Ian Corrigible
24th Nov 2004, 16:05
While I deny any involvement in said coup ("we were only there as security guards, honest..."), I did enjoy reading the some of the Agony Aunt threads. VP8's post on Serious advice needed (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149587) was absolutely priceless.

Cheers,
I/C

airship
24th Nov 2004, 16:13
Dey 'ave already banned me from the real pilots forums, even R&N :{ Hope there aren't any shuttles going off into orbit right now just in case I have something worth mentioning, even if I'm just a lucky guy...;)

PS. Where's the coalition when we need one?! :p

Rugz
24th Nov 2004, 18:27
Coalition is here and available my good man (hush hush and all that - don't want the mods catching on) :E

airship
24th Nov 2004, 18:45
Well, pathfinder has already been here for couscous ...middle-east (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=153314) and here for sate ...far-east. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=152581) One didn't exactly announce an attack, but as pathfinder, I can confirm that security is currently very loose. Having said that, there's nothing quite like the Caribbean in the European winter...;) Perhaps we will all have to have our dindins before the coalition arrives...?!:ok:

Rugz
24th Nov 2004, 18:50
I see the plan!

Stealth is the answer, short sweet but definately there

airship
24th Nov 2004, 18:56
WARNING!!! The only other person I've seen recently who spells indefinitely with an a is, uhmmm Danny?! :uhoh: Sounds like a trap. Like Donald Rumsfield. Yeh, go ahead and apply a few more volts, see what you can get...:=

The Invisible Man
24th Nov 2004, 18:58
This is so gonna end in tears !!!

:{

Just to let you all know..... Panama Jack has had a restaurant named after him in my hometown. I would like to think it had something to do with me......I may nip out and tell him. Now where was he.....oh yes, in the Carribean :E

Rugz
24th Nov 2004, 20:02
Tis not true, I am just not great a spelling...honest guv :E

airship
24th Nov 2004, 20:16
I should've expected it. I took a Kuoni trip to the Carib. Everyone else were waiting for cheap standby flights out there. It's not your fault. Once you all get out there, I have a small confession to make. At one stage I was so happy and excited, I simply had to urinate in the azure blue Caribbean sea. Sorry. :(

PS I\'m going off now. Heat up some of that rasam I concocted a couple of days ago. Naked lights out please. ;)

surely not
24th Nov 2004, 21:04
Looks as if the flight we took to the caribbean has had to return to JB Airship :D

Onan the Clumsy
25th Nov 2004, 00:50
We 'visited' another forum once.. ended in tears for a few of us. Must've been one of the Australian ones :E

The Voice
25th Nov 2004, 01:43
Must've been one of the Australian ones

oh dear ... standby for icoming ...............:\

Le Pen
25th Nov 2004, 02:29
This Just In.................

Reports are coming in of an attempted "sit in" on the French Forum. However, this has been denied. A PPRuNe spokesperson said that it was, in fact, Jerricos MIL who had fallen asleep after taking a wrong turn at the ATC forum. "She had been looking for 10W. But, he had seen her coming and legged it" a source close to 10W said.

Earlier reports of a Forum Hi-Jack have now been put in to some doubt by the Prime Minister. He said "PPRuNe?? What the [email protected]#%s PPRuNe??". Then, after consulting with ministers he made this statement. "It us unthinkable that such a thing could happen here. But I have seen proof that a team, led by Tony Draper, could be running a Forum in 45 minutes. I know that President Bush has seen the same evidence and that we are considering a First strike."

Tony Draper has been unavailable for comment other than saying

"Ha! all nonsense of course, had Drapes planned a coup twould have been all over in seconds and no one would have known a thing about it, except th mods of course, and they would all be locked up in the cupboard under the stairs."

The police are now seeking a warrant to search the Draper Mansion.

ehwatezedoing
25th Nov 2004, 02:59
There is rumors that Tony Draper might be hidding in an infamous "spider hole" in his garden.
Some coalition troops have been send out for confirmation.