PDA

View Full Version : Riverside & NAC

genius747
24th Nov 2004, 13:39
Hi all,
I am wracking my brain trying to decide where to do my fATPL flight training next year. I currently have 150TT JAR-FCL PPL.
I was looking at Riverside flight training but as far as i CAN SEE i WILL HAVE TO DO An FAA Multi IRT then come back to the UK do a further 15hrs training then do the JAA multi IRT (2 seperate exams)
whereas in NAC, Florida I do the JAA IRT there in the USA (1 exam only).. but no FAA IR... just a bit confused here but am I correct in saying that?

Thanks guys!

Biscuit
24th Nov 2004, 14:43
To the best of my knowledge you can't yet do a JAA IR in the USA. You can do the JAA CPL out there i.e. at NAC.

My mate went to Riverside and said it was good but you can currently only do FAA courses there I believe and will have to convert to JAA on your return.

Good luck,

Biscuit

genius747
24th Nov 2004, 15:05
Ah, so I'm guessing if you can't do a JAA MEIR anywhere in the states the JAA simply say do a 15hr IR course in the UK and then sit the JAA MEIR in the UK for the license? Do you have to convert your CPL obtained say in Riverside to a JAR CPL back in the UK or is the flight test in Riverside for granting of a JAR CPL?

G747

flighttime2.0
24th Nov 2004, 15:06
Hi genius747

Due to the transition altitude being 18000ft in the us there is no school here that you can do your jar ir rating . You can however and nac included do your faa instrument rating and then convert that over to a jar ir in the uk with the minimum 15 hour requirement .. flighttime..

WX Man
24th Nov 2004, 16:39
Given a choice between NAC and Riverside Flight Centre... Riverside gets my vote, no question about it.

Having been to both schools recently I am in a position to say so. I can put you in touch with a few other guys who will vouch for Riverside being a bloody good school. Check your PMs.