PDA

View Full Version : Online e-mail question

jtr
24th Nov 2004, 13:28
This is actually two questions

I use an e-mail website for some of my e-mails.

www.sitemail.hostway.com.au

I have just switched to a new laptop which has Win XP Pro on it, as does my old laptop after I upgraded it.

The only problem I have is senidng e-mails from my new laptop. Everything else is fine, opening, reading etc, just sending doesn't work. I assume it is a security setting, but I wound everything down I could think of, and nadda.

Any suggestions?

Q2, is it possible to link my website e-mail, which requires sign in and p-word, to outlook, outlook express, thunderbird, or anything similar, so that my e-mails are downloaded as opposed to being stored online?

Thanks in advance.

BOAC
24th Nov 2004, 13:58
Cannot help with 1) but for 2) I suspect you need to contact their 'help' (often a misnomer :D )desk and ask for POP/SMTP settings for the account (if they have them). I have a couple of web addresses which do, and OE and O work fine with them, as does Mailwasher.

spannersatcx
24th Nov 2004, 18:40
Check your smtp settings are correct, select tool, accounts, select the mail account, select properties, then server. That will show you what the settings are, you may need to ask the provider what the smtp settings should be.

You can (as far as I know) only use OE for pop3 type accounts (hotmail excepted) web based accounts are not normally accessible in OE.