PDA

View Full Version : Saudis hire female pilot

Left Wing
24th Nov 2004, 05:47
Prince Al Waleed bin Talal has hired the first-ever woman pilot in the history of Saudi Arabia, Captain Hanadi Zakariya Hindi. She will be flying the private fleet of the billionaire investor. Saudi women are not allowed to drive cars but they can fly jet aircraft if licenced. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cerberus
24th Nov 2004, 07:10
The Gulf News mentioined she would be flying with a family entourage. Then in the next story they said Saudi women won't get the vote in municipality elections this week but male prisoners will!!

Things moving rapidly ahead. Must nearly be up to medieval times.

Cerberus

JustFlyin'
24th Nov 2004, 09:15
The year 1426 or thereabouts if i'm not mistaken:ok:

mutt
24th Nov 2004, 12:44
1425 actually... :)

Last time i read about her, she had just obtained her PRIVATE PILOTS LICENCE from Jordan. She is the first Saudi woman to have done so.

Mutt.

ronnie123
24th Nov 2004, 15:24
flying with a family entourage, shopping trip to LHR / DXB ? will that make it all female crew ?

crazy_max
24th Nov 2004, 16:03
JUST ANOTHER EMPTY KITCHEN.

C4
24th Nov 2004, 22:26
Not an empty kitchen...
A box office!!!

Earl
28th Nov 2004, 14:19
As slow as changes are over here, this was a major event for them.
She was on the front page newspaper.
If you caught the CNN special a few days ago, Kingdom on the Brink, a fanatic stated that if the royal family wanted to stay in power then women would never have the same rights as men.
Most here want change, its the religous fanatics that are preventing it.

ironbutt57
29th Nov 2004, 03:30
Actually think the religious fanatics want change as well...they want themselves in power..so all ties to the west are broken so they can makethe place worse than it is........:yuk: :{ :ugh: and BTW are those planes Saudi "HZ" registered?

SV_741_India_Bravo
29th Nov 2004, 16:48
I thought all Saudi planes are registered as HZ-xyz

mutt
4th Dec 2004, 11:22
Now look at what she has started......... :):)

Prince Sultan said the academy would welcome female trainees. “Conforming to the principles of Shariah, they can come with their husbands or brothers for training at the academy,” he added.

Its certainly gonna make a cosy environment in the simulator!!

IB57, his 767 / A340 are HZ registered.

SV741IB, you are correct, but i believe that IB57 was talking about Prince Talals aircraft in particular.

Mutt.