PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch and Ops Jobs

adwjenk
23rd Nov 2004, 21:12
Hi

Just a few question to ask about ops and dispatch and i thought this would be the best place to come!!!

Im currently 18 and doing my A Levels and im hopefully in the furtre going to commence commercial pilot traning.
Ive always wanted to work in and around aviation and i think i should start some where and hopefully with a weekend job!!
I have always wanted to go into dispatch or ops becuase it looks to be a really good job where u get to develop curtain skills.
Also wil any dispatch or operation companys take on weekend work or holiday help?
Ive read the post below yet is there any chance of work experiance in the form of weekend help. I know at EGCC i dont stand a chance yet what about EGGP

Thanks for ur help

WOZG (using a friends account with his full Knoweldge to help me on my way)

UPSAirOps
23rd Nov 2004, 23:03
ServisAir, certainly @ East Mids, offer holiday work. I have a friend there who joined them in the summer (he's a uni student) and still does the odd weekend here and there. He joined as passenger services but went into dispatch after about 4 weeks. I would imagine there being similar opportunities in other airports. Certainly come the Summer, and probably before.

Bear in mind though...it is ServisAir.

:ugh:

adwjenk
24th Nov 2004, 19:11
Thanks very much for the information ill get onto it right away any more information would be great

ADWJENK

UPSAirOps
24th Nov 2004, 22:19
Can't really give you much more help I'm afraid. Our company tends to employ people in operations only when one of the staff members leaves, and that's not particularly regularly.

Perhaps someone else in the field will be able to give you more help.