PDA

View Full Version : British airways seat sale

serko
23rd Nov 2004, 13:38
Is bA currently running a seat sale to US destinations? if so when does it end. I've seen a far I like, but want to discuss it with the wife before booking.

FlyboyUK
23rd Nov 2004, 17:40
Try BA.com ....should tell you there :ok:

Globaliser
24th Nov 2004, 14:24
It's not quite as simple as that, as BA is not as transparent as it likes to make out.

There isn't (AFAIK) any advertised sale going on at the moment. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't seat sale-level fares on offer. There are many times when fares at the same sort of level as those formally advertised as "World Offers" or seat sales are generally available.

How to tell? One way is of course just to dummy book the route and dates you want, and see if you like what comes up.

Another way is to go to Travelocity's fare listing tool (http://dps1.travelocity.com/lognlogin.ctl?tr_module=FARE&Service=TRAVELOCITY). Enter the route that you're interested in, and limit the search to BA. See what comes back.

If the lowest fare or fares are N class fares (ie the fare basis code starts with the letter N), then those fares are likely to be about as good as most of the fares advertised during formal seat sales.

All the North American destinations I've been trying at random are returning only V class fares at the moment. But if you try Hong Kong, for example, there seem to be N class fares on offer.

Whether you can get the N class fare also depends on availability of N class seats, of course, so even if a fare is theoretically valid on the dates you want to travel, you might not be able to book it and you may simply get offered the next lowest class, or even one further up the food chain.