PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Yorke Monkey man??

Parapunter
23rd Nov 2004, 11:10
Well, that was about as clear cut a case of moronic behaviour as I can remember.

The proof of cretinism is that those two fools not only committed a criminal offence infront of tv cameras, but that they will be found out by various Birmingham fans who no doubt just as in the Kung Fu Cantona case, will have to undego some serious threats to their well being.

Serves em right I say, I mean what is that all about? Monkey gestures to a black player? 2004? No doubt Judge powdery wig will give them a fifty quid fine & a ticking off.:rolleyes:

tony draper
23rd Nov 2004, 11:35
Thats the trouble with publicity, monkey see monkey do.

itchy kitchin
23rd Nov 2004, 12:19
Looking at the behaviour of some of the Spanish fans at the recent England "freindly", I would have whole-heartedly supported our boys if they'd have walked off en masse. Not only would it have sent a message to the racist thugs, but it would have spared our embarrasment for such a dismal performance.

It certainly hasn't help their olympic bid either.

phnuff
23rd Nov 2004, 12:24
Agreed, no place in 2004. The good thing is that these morons while hopefully never be allowed into a football ground again in their lives.

All power to Dwight drawing attention to them too.

(probably hasn't done Londons bid much good either )

Parapunter
23rd Nov 2004, 12:27
The trouble with walk offs is that they can be exploited by losing teams, although I think it's a now matter of time before we see one.

Bit tragic that after all this time, we still get the same old problems in football. You have to admire John Barnes, Cyrille Regis & co - they put up with far worse s:mad: t than this, when it was regarded as far more acceptable.

eal401
23rd Nov 2004, 13:18
The question is, with the whole episode caught on film, various photos of the perpetrator in the news etc. will there be enough evidence?

Whilst Blackburn fans had every right to "mock" Yorke for his poor performances at Ewood, to turn it into racism is well and truly a step over the mark.

Mr Chips
23rd Nov 2004, 13:48
Racist abuse from Blackburn fans, and what? No calls here for Blackburn to be turfed out of the league, no cries for Blackburns bid for the olympics to be denied? No apology from the King of Blackburn?

No double standards?

BALIX
23rd Nov 2004, 14:41
No double standards?

Not really Mr Chips - the Blackburn incident involved two 'fans' who will probably be identified, banned from the ground for a legthy period and possibly face a criminal investigation.

The Spanish incident involved half the crowd and the Spanish reaction was, we are told, 'so what?'

eal401
23rd Nov 2004, 14:52
'so what?'
I think you mean; "Get knotted Eeenglish Pigs"

Oops, was that a mark I just stepped over?

:p