PDA

View Full Version : Wizz Air On Last Legs?

nickmanl
23rd Nov 2004, 11:06
Rumours are going around about Wizz Air and SkyEurope are being banned from Polish airspace for six months as of tomorrow, due to unpaid money to ATC.

Surely, this will cripple the airline and only spell out the end considering it has a mini hub at Krakow.

I think there is more info on this on airlines.net

Splat
23rd Nov 2004, 11:37
nickmanl

Care to post where this piece of reliable info came from please? I take it that is the case....

Splat

Evanelpus
23rd Nov 2004, 12:05
He said it, airliners.net

Nuff said!

Splat
23rd Nov 2004, 12:18
I've had a look, and it says also:

"London Luton's airport shows on their website that Wizz Air's flights from Katowice and Warsaw arrive on time this morning along with the Budapest flight.

The Warsaw based aircraft left as scheduled for Gdansk and is due back in at LTN early this afternoon. Also the Katowice flight departed according to schedule."

I can also confirm that the GDN flight arrived and left 30 minutes early.

The source is a notam, effective 23rd November (that is today in my books). As all flights scheduled to leave all 3 Polish destinations today have done so, I would suggest that the matter has been resolved.

btw, it is alleged to affect Sky Europe and Continental too!

Flying Fokker
23rd Nov 2004, 12:41
Have a look on the rumour and news section the notam has just been posted there

Powerjet1
23rd Nov 2004, 12:58
Correct me if i'm wrong but on a Tuesday(today), since the start of the winter schedule, there are no Wizz flights due to arrive in LTN until this evening, ie Budapest, Katowice & Warsaw. Gdansk does not operate on Tues/Thur.

The schedule is different on all other days as Tuesday has the least number of Wizz flights of any day of the week into LTN.

Splat
23rd Nov 2004, 13:06
PJ,

GDN operates from DTM on a Tuesday, and arrived/departed as normal. You are right about the LTN ones, my mistake. However, the DTM KTW and KTW ATH all left aned arrived as per the schedule.

As I said before, I suspect this matter has been resolved, just like Sky Europe.