PDA

View Full Version : Overweight pax and the 7E7

Quink
22nd Nov 2004, 12:42
Hi, I'm a long-Time Lurker, first time poster.

The Courier Mail, supposedly and allegedly a real newspaper, has put this article in yesterday's (21/11/04) edition.

It outlines the real reason they're developing the 7E7, and manages to squeeze in the week's obesity story as well!

I think that newspapers should be outlawed from using the word Jumbo ever again.

Heck, I can spot a dozen factual errors in the first 40 words, after which it just talks about why it's OK to be obese, and how it's not your fault.

Click here for article (http://img68.exs.cx/img68/9969/Save225.jpg)

41plus
22nd Nov 2004, 23:01
Positioning to and fro around our network does reveal that there are some rather large folks out there.

Having said that I suspect that the majority of the really large people don't travel that ofton, just to Teneriffe once a year. I'm not saying that the average bucket and spader is big, just that the few with vast bulk are not comfortable in an airline seat and avoid it if it is at all possible.

The Teneriffe reference stems from a week in the autumnal sun I've just got back from. Sitting behind two seriously big people for four hours. They filled the whole of the space between the back of their seat to the rear of the seat in front. No chance of moving the table more than 1" from it's stowage!

While the sight was not pretty the smell was the worse thing...... Even worse than the smell of the smoker on the way down to Teneriffe - he was pre loaded with enough Senior Service full strength to provide the revenue to invade Iraq all over again.

The joys of mass transit and mankind on mass:ooh: