PDA

View Full Version : Jack the Ripper?

Bally Heck
22nd Nov 2004, 11:06
Reading an interesting book by Patricia Cornell. Meticulously researched.

Suggests that this guy was Jack the Ripper!

http://www.artunframed.com/images/sickert/juvenile.jpg

Mr Chips
22nd Nov 2004, 11:08
so now we know the truth.. Jack the Ripper was a random un-named bloke in a brown hat.... :rolleyes:

Big Tudor
22nd Nov 2004, 11:11
As yes Mr C, but just look at the jaunty angle of the hat. Surprised the Met never pulled him in for a chat with such a cavalier attitude. Also, he seems to have suffered significant burns to the left side of his face. ;)

BlueDiamond
22nd Nov 2004, 11:11
Yep ... that's him, Officer. I'd know him anywhere!

Grainger
22nd Nov 2004, 11:31
And why is he only wearing one-half of a pair of spectacles ?

Very suspicious ...

Gainesy
22nd Nov 2004, 11:37
Those were the days. Mug shots in oils, none of yer digi-tat.

Big Tudor
22nd Nov 2004, 11:54
Grainger
'Cos the other half was destroyed when he burnt that side of his face. ;)

BlueDiamond
22nd Nov 2004, 11:56
... one-half of a pair of spectacles.
Just wanted to make a spectacle of himself? :rolleyes:

tony draper
22nd Nov 2004, 12:07
There was a ripper style murder in my town with all the assosiated goo and mess shortly after Jack had ceased his hobby in Whitechapel,the Interesting thing is the Artist Siccart, who has been a prime suspect for years was known to have contacts here and was a frequent visitor.
Didn't stop us hanging the victims boyfriend just in case though.
:uhoh:

Big Tudor
22nd Nov 2004, 12:11
Ah drapes, good old Newcastle justice at work. Guilt by association, well, he knew the victim so it must be him!

itchy kitchin
22nd Nov 2004, 14:32
The book to read is called "Jack the Ripper: The final solution"
Its by a chap called Stephen Knight.
It goes into great detail about Sickerts' involvement in the case. I would suggest a visit to the tate and have a look at some of his paintings. The Camden Town Murders are an interesting series and seem to mirror the Rippers exploits quite closely...
Interestingly enough, Mr Knight alleged that it was the freemasons who were largely responsible for the "pall of fear" surrounding the dead girls. Remember, in 1888, 5 dead prostitutes was no big deal. Sound cruel, but apparently true.

In his following book, "The Brotherhood", Mr Knight delved furthere into the secrets of freemasonary. Shortly after publication, he died of brain heommorage. Anti masons put forward this as a conspiracy that he was silenced by the masons.

...as they say in the movies: Bullshit or not? You decide.

reynoldsno1
22nd Nov 2004, 19:01
Can't have been him - his name was Walter Richard Sickert, and everyone knows they were looking for a bloke called Jack.....

tony draper
22nd Nov 2004, 19:22
Still recon that American Quack Doctor Twombley was the one wot dun it,trouble is every new documentry or book seems to be more covincing than the last, did see a discovery Channel doc about Sickart,and then a one on another chap who's name escapes one, but the Twombley one is still the most convincing.
:rolleyes:

Grainger
22nd Nov 2004, 21:18
Nah, it was a bloke called Sebastian, and he was captured by the Vorlons....

Standard Noise
22nd Nov 2004, 21:27
And there was me thinking James Maybrick was still in the frame. Wish I'd Known it weren't him before I bought that last book.:confused:
Shame, stick a 'tache on the painting and it's a dead ringer for Jamesie boy.

BlueDiamond
22nd Nov 2004, 22:20
James Maybrick
That theory fascinates me ... and could be a reason why his wife apparently tried to kill him. I would love to see more on this one.

AntiCrash
23rd Nov 2004, 01:52
Now then, what's all this about?

shortly
23rd Nov 2004, 01:55
'allo allo allo, wot ave we ere then. Oh it's you your majesty (polite court bow) now Sir if you must reduce the numbers of hoars in whitechapel you should try to be a little more private if you please. Let me help you drag this one into this alley'.

Standard Noise
23rd Nov 2004, 22:13
BD - "The Diary of Jack The Ripper" by Shirley Harrison.
Published by Smith Gryphon, 1996.
Published with the full cooperation of a descendant of Maybrick who found one of his diaries which contained a letter in which Maybrick admitted the murders by signing the letter, Jack (the ripper). The Maybrick family had lived in Whitechapel many years before the murders and in the course of his work, James was often in London on business. Noticeably while the murders took place.

Swung it for me. Apparently Maybrick was an arsenic addict who was a tad peeved that his 26 yo missus was having it away with someone else. So he went off dismembering ladies of the night, as you do. Some photos in it too. Shame they're in black and white.

BTW, Florie Maybrick was convicted and sentenced to death for murdering her husband.

Standard Noise
24th Nov 2004, 09:58
Oh go on then, I'll buy the other two books mentioned and revise my idea who my prime suspect is.:8

BlueDiamond
24th Nov 2004, 10:54
Some interesting info on the trial of Maybrick can be found here. (http://www.casebook.org/suspects/james_maybrick/fmtrial.html)

itchy kitchin
24th Nov 2004, 12:11
Apperently, (shifting into ye olde royal gossippe monger mode) The then prince of wales had an illegitemate child with his catholic lover. This would have been a Sun Shocker at the time and could have brought down the then fragile monarchy. (Some would say that we were close to revolutuion in 1888)
A riot was staged in Cleveland street and an attempt was made to snatch the child, but the childs nanny (and also witness to the princes secret wedding) escaped to the east end with the infant and hatched a plan with some freinds to blackmail the monarchy.
The monarchy, in collaboration with the freemasons (allegedly) cooked up a plot to destroy the evidence. Being that they were masons, it had to be done according to masonic ritual and tradition.

...A case of: "will no-one rid me of these meddlesome whores?"